2022 Sidney Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, normally fish Sooke as I live there... Looks like would get blown off tomorrow morning out here.. Taking my daughter out tomorrow and heading to Sidney to launch. Any words of wisdom for the Fairfax Point, back side of Sidney Island etc ?

Thanks Popeye, tried Fairfax and the Powder Wharf and Coal and Wain Rock. Nada... No matter, had a great day on the water with my daughter.
Always said, Sooke for fishing, Sidney for boating lol... I have caught many fish in the Sidney area, albeit years ago...

looking for a bit of info. A buddy of mine is wanting to fish in Fulford Harbour. I know there is gear restrictions, but is there any decent fishing in there?

Anybody catching anything out in Sidney? Went out on Sunday from 9-4. One small Coho, and that was it. Saw lots of boat, but no nets

I went out to Shag rock on Saturday after work. lost a nice slab at the boat just out of net reach, but I did end up with a 10lb Ling. not a total waste
Where exactly is "Shag Rock" - I have seen many posts about this area - I see nothing on the charts. Is this the rock or small island on the southwest corner of Coal Island with no name?

Thanks Popeye, tried Fairfax and the Powder Wharf and Coal and Wain Rock. Nada... No matter, had a great day on the water with my daughter.
Always said, Sooke for fishing, Sidney for boating lol... I have caught many fish in the Sidney area, albeit years ago...
Wain rock is closed until October 15

Where exactly is "Shag Rock" - I have seen many posts about this area - I see nothing on the charts. Is this the rock or small island on the southwest corner of Coal Island with no name?
Shag Rock is located just south of Charmer point on Coal. Just at the boundary between area 18 and 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back