2022 okanagan lake thread

Heading out tomorrow morning. What colours and what depths would everyone reccomend? Would love to end the skunk streak haha

Fished the lake Sept 4 at Carr’s Landing. Water was pretty hot on top still mid to high 70’s. Imagine it’s cooled way off now but fish were down 50-60 ft on the screen. Looked like kokanee with maybe the odd chasing bow. Only had two hits in one hour both on white/green wee gee down at 90 ft. One small one my son reeled to the net.

Id like to go again this weekend, curious on how it goes. Planning to go all the way to Kelowna from Vernon on the 30th so interested on any reports just north of the bridge.

Fished the lake Sept 4 at Carr’s Landing. Water was pretty hot on top still mid to high 70’s. Imagine it’s cooled way off now but fish were down 50-60 ft on the screen. Looked like kokanee with maybe the odd chasing bow. Only had two hits in one hour both on white/green wee gee down at 90 ft. One small one my son reeled to the net.

Id like to go again this weekend, curious on how it goes. Planning to go all the way to Kelowna from Vernon on the 30th so interested on any reports just north of the bridge.
I will be heading out by peachland. I will be sure to post if I finally get something

Well, let’s go see what we can drag in today. Surface temps have got to be down. It’s only 7 out. Gonna have to turn the heater on!

Turns out my rod holders don’t really like center pins. Lost a bunch of fish. They were really liking the pink and white colors. 44ft on the rigger. Bonked this guy for my sister to take some fish home. Surface temps was still 68°f/20°c

Attachments

• 3B68FC63-FD35-4173-9C48-635A4FCD4AC0.jpeg
    3B68FC63-FD35-4173-9C48-635A4FCD4AC0.jpeg
    351.4 KB · Views: 56
Heading out tomorrow… by the sounds of things I should start around 50-60 ft. Anyone else have anything to report. Ill let you all know how I make out tomorrow. Thanks in advance!

Looks like there eating well

Carrs landing today for 3 hours with the kids - only one fish to the boat, 17 inches. Only one other hit on the surface.

Tried various sizes of plugs, and spoons. Did not mark nearly the same amount of fish as a couple weeks ago.

Hoping to spend Friday down closer to Kelowna…any suggestions just north of the bridge let me know.

Back