2022 okanagan lake thread

I lived on the waterfront one year and caught several on bobber and grasshopper along the drop off in September.

Carrs landing today for 3 hours with the kids - only one fish to the boat, 17 inches. Only one other hit on the surface.

Tried various sizes of plugs, and spoons. Did not mark nearly the same amount of fish as a couple weeks ago.

Hoping to spend Friday down closer to Kelowna…any suggestions just north of the bridge let me know.
Ahh gotcha, we spent pretty much the whole time in the middle of the lake
Further to that, a Kokanee pattern plug is what worked for me last weekend.

Just dropped in in gelletly. Didn’t even have my 2nd rod out and I had a 19” to the boat. Same pink and white plug

If on surface I’ve been having success with plugs between 55-80 pulls back, what about while on the rigger? On the clip If it’s shallow I’ve basically been doing the same, deeper then I’ve been doing 30 or so pulls…speed 2.8-3.2

Trying to get this lake dialed in, it’s been a challenge!

I don’t honestly think getting this lake “dialed in” is possible. It changes so much from day to day and month to month. This time last year the lake was 6°f cooler and I landed 6 fish. Today, I’m 2 for 4 with nothing over 19”. I will say that if you find active fish, stay on them. Don’t leave fish to find fish. As for those plugs, I use fishinators pretty much every day out here. I can’t stand best lure. I don’t even own one. I use Lyman’s, fishinators, mac squids and the odd jplug. I fish an assortment of spoons and as soon as the surface temps drop, the bucktails will come out to play with the planer boards. Then it’s a game of colors.

I don’t honestly think getting this lake “dialed in” is possible. It changes so much from day to day and month to month. This time last year the lake was 6°f cooler and I landed 6 fish. Today, I’m 2 for 4 with nothing over 19”. I will say that if you find active fish, stay on them. Don’t leave fish to find fish. As for those plugs, I use fishinators pretty much every day out here. I can’t stand best lure. I don’t even own one. I use Lyman’s, fishinators, mac squids and the odd jplug. I fish an assortment of spoons and as soon as the surface temps drop, the bucktails will come out to play with the planer boards. Then it’s a game of colors.

Appreciate the insight. Planning to fish Paul’s tomb area, and pixie/ok Center areas on Friday. Will report back.

Nice. Very similar down further south.

7 bows, 22 inch fatty biggest and a pikeminnow way out in 300 feet of water (???) 55 deep.
Nice one! Definitely chunky. I got a pikeminnow on a Bucktail earlier this year in front of bear creek. That was a first for me!

Back