2022 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was in the point homes area last night, not much action until half hour before sundown. Netted a 75cm nook, and a few undersize in the last half hour. Seemed pretty slow for the other few boats that were out, but the two of us that waited it out were rewarded.

Was in the point homes area last night, not much action until half hour before sundown. Netted a 75cm nook, and a few undersize in the last half hour. Seemed pretty slow for the other few boats that were out, but the two of us that waited it out were rewarded.
The golden/purple hour bite!

Enjoy what is left of a wonderful season--- had a great morning at Kitty but was surprised at how dark and hooked up one of the fish was. A sad reminder that the season is winding down!1
How late into the year is it worth fishing this area?

Enjoy what is left of a wonderful season--- had a great morning at Kitty but was surprised at how dark and hooked up one of the fish was. A sad reminder that the season is winding down!1
Same as in Nanaimo

Can anyone give me some info on the go to Coho set up this time of year? Heading out with a friend who's new to the area and wanted to grab a few spoons for him.

Going out solo this afternoon, thinking of just point holmes. Any action there or should I run to the hump? Only have a couple hour window where I have time so would rather fish point holmes - more time with rods in the water if I don't have to go to Kitty.

Going out solo this afternoon, thinking of just point holmes. Any action there or should I run to the hump? Only have a couple hour window where I have time so would rather fish point holmes - more time with rods in the water if I don't have to go to Kitty.
So . how did you make out ?

Final talley:

4 double headers
9 undersized chinook
1 small rock fish
1 small Hali h

Out of the 8 hits from the doubles landed 7 out of 8 fish. All around 50 cm springs. Had they been legal I'm sure my success rate would have been much lower!!!!

I had never had a double alone before. Dealing with two lines and steering at the same time…. Wow. Anyways, survived the madness. Super fun, but destroyed my arms. Can’t wait to do it again!!!

Last edited:
Final talley:

4 double headers
9 undersized chinook
1 small rock fish
1 small Hali h

Out of the 8 hits from the doubles landed 7 out of 8 fish. All around 50 cm springs. Had they been legal I'm sure my success rate would have been much lower!!!!

I had never had a double alone before. Dealing with two lines and steering at the same time…. Wow. Anyways, survived the madness. Super fun, but destroyed my arms. Can’t wait to do it again!!!
Wow, nice work!! Was that at the hump or point holmes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back