2021 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Ya pretty deep canyon... I took some of their live herring and had an absolute blast around Thornamby today... got our limit on Lings in a heartbeat, they just hammer the live bait... trying my hardest not to hook any Chinook while doing (with barb hooks) so staying shallow.
When you say "around Thormanby" where you east side of South Thormanby (I've had limited luck there myself trolling for Ling) or North of North Thormanby (I know there are shallows there but I thought it was all sand and no rock)???
Thanks

Attachments

• Ling Cod #2.JPG
    Ling Cod #2.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 98
When you say "around Thormanby" where you east side of South Thormanby (I've had limited luck there myself trolling for Ling) or North of North Thormanby (I know there are shallows there but I thought it was all sand and no roc
Are you familiar with the usual trolling "crescent' for salmon on the NW side of Thormanby? All I did was work the 70-90 depth and I was hitting them pretty consistently today... nothing big though. Hope this helps!

I was wondering if anyone had fished Scotch Fir Point or Saltery bay area 16-11 or Jervis Inlet 16-13 or Sechelt Inlet at all recently? Was going to try later this week for the first time and was looking for any advice on where to try? I was also thinking o f area 16-10 along Nelson Island. Area 16 Map.png

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone had fished Scotch Fir Point or Saltery bay area 16-11 or Jervis Inlet 16-13 or Sechelt Inlet at all recently? Was going to try later this week for the first time and was looking for any advice on where to try? I was also thinking o f area 16-10 along Nelson Island. View attachment 66124
Me too. I am thinking about heading up there for a couple days and tie up at Back Eddy Resort... I believe retention is 1 Chinook per day there...

Commercial prawners intentionally dropping over our sets this weekend. Just brutal prawn numbers. This mornings gear pick up was a GONG SHOW to say the least. Backing into the gear to stay over it with waves crashing over the stern right into the cabin. Didn't get any fishing in but had a great weekend.

I was wondering if anyone had fished Scotch Fir Point or Saltery bay area 16-11 or Jervis Inlet 16-13 or Sechelt Inlet at all recently? Was going to try later this week for the first time and was looking for any advice on where to try? I was also thinking o f area 16-10 along Nelson Island.

Good question - I was wondering the same. See below inset map, with orange being open for MSF. I annotated the map with a few spots. The purple-white polygons are RCAs.

Saltery Bay is open for MSF chinook
Only east-northeast side of Scotch Fir Point is open for MSF chinook
I was hoping the A-Frame (southern Agamemnon) made the list, but it remains open only for C&R chinook

1622134988328.png

I was wondering if anyone had fished Scotch Fir Point or Saltery bay area 16-11 or Jervis Inlet 16-13 or Sechelt Inlet at all recently? Was going to try later this week for the first time and was looking for any advice on where to try? I was also thinking o f area 16-10 along Nelson Island.
Its been a couple of years but we did very well at the marked spot below trolling tight to the rocks. If i was back its the spot i would go back to.

Attachments

• Area 16 Map_LI.jpg
    Area 16 Map_LI.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 149
Hot tips- In early July, 1974 I spent a few days staying with a friend at his Grandparent's mobile home in Earl's Cove.
We trolled with his Gramps on his open boat with a C license and one handcrank deepline in Areas 16-11,12,13. He got about 6-10 chinooks each of the 3 days we went out (he ran about 6 leaders/hooks). We also got a couple big yelloweye in what looks like it's now an RCA up 16-12. He sold the fish and fed the guts to an inordinate number of cats.
I got a 32 lb spring in August of 2002 or 2003 in my tiny boat mooching a dead herring on bottom somewhere along shore where I marked the chart. Okay, I was trying to catch a bottom critter, and didn't even have a net.16.png

Well what a fun couple days. 3 lingcod, one 8lb spring, watched another guy net a spring, and talked to 2 other guys that landed one as well. Limit on prawns everyday!
Good to hear that you had fun. Did you soak the prawn traps overnight or how long do you have to soak them? And how deep were they?

Back