2021 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Evening bite came on around 6- untll bit after 7pm...couple good take downs.. bbq on tonight. Fish were a bit shallower than normal I found.
Good to hear! Were you still working bottom though? I was working bottom in 130-150 depths... maybe I need to bring the gear up a bit in the water column?

Watch your prawn traps. thieves have been hard at it with multiple traps, line & buoys stolen or emptied all week around Pender Harbour mouth area!
This boat has been spotted stealing traps in Howe Sound and Vancouver area.

Attachments

• IMG_03581002.jpg
    IMG_03581002.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_03591002.jpg
    IMG_03591002.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 115
After spending all that $$ on that boat they can’t afford traps
I swear some people don't think it's stealing, more of a game. A number of years a go, I was mooching in front of Secret Cove and much to my dismay I watched a sail boat motor right up to my prawn traps that I was soaking and pull them. By the time I pulled my anchor and I got going they were motoring into Smugglers Cove so I followed them in and confronted them, they thought it was funny that I was so pissed. I told them they might not think it's so funny when they had to talk to the RCMP about it. I gave the RCMP the boat name and Reg. number and never heard back from them.

I'm almost certain there are people that think that traps left alone are fair game.

We keep veering into the Conservation/Fisheries Management related topics in this thread. I get there are little to no fishing reports to speak of right now, but that doesn't mean these topics can't be discussed where there are already existing threads in place. People search these threads for years to come for historical information on fishing reports and don't want to wade through all these other topics, while looking for information based on the title of the thread.

Thanks!

We keep veering into the Conservation/Fisheries Management related topics in this thread. I get there are little to no fishing reports to speak of right now, but that doesn't mean these topics can't be discussed where there are already existing threads in place. People search these threads for years to come for historical information on fishing reports and don't want to wade through all these other topics, while looking for information based on the title of the thread.

Thanks!
But people do want to know if there is some stealing going on in the area. It's all part of area reports in my opinion.

Has anyone finished Sechelt inlet at all this year for salmon? Was going to give it a go at the end of the week with it being the only place you can retain chinook salmon.

Has anyone finished Sechelt inlet at all this year for salmon? Was going to give it a go at the end of the week with it being the only place you can retain chinook salmon.
I fueled up at Buccaneer Marina today and a guy told me we can retain up Agamemnon channel?

Check the regs for exact coordinates but ya that's inbounds all the way up into Jervis.

No fish tho haha
Ya pretty deep canyon... I took some of their live herring and had an absolute blast around Thornamby today... got our limit on Lings in a heartbeat, they just hammer the live bait... trying my hardest not to hook any Chinook while doing (with barb hooks) so staying shallow.

Back