2021 Gulf Island Reports

Went out this morning to Porlier. No luck for us just a shaker and a nice 15 lb lingcod released. Tried Tent on way back for a few passes, but nothing. Only one keeper crab in the traps. Will have to regroup and try again soon.

Went out this morning to Porlier. No luck for us just a shaker and a nice 15 lb lingcod released. Tried Tent on way back for a few passes, but nothing. Only one keeper crab in the traps. Will have to regroup and try again soon.
anyone fished thrasher recently? gonna pop over saturday weather permitting , have had some stellar days this time of year

New to this platform. Anyways, I’m thinking if heading out to porlier sometime next week. Any tips for gear selection, depth, and location? Also does anyone know any other productive areas around salt spring? Thank!

New to this platform. Anyways, I’m thinking if heading out to porlier sometime next week. Any tips for gear selection, depth, and location? Also does anyone know any other productive areas around salt spring? Thank!
Scrape bottom North to south along the contours. I like 180 to 200ft but change depth if nothing happening. Last year at this time Anchovies were nailing them but hootchies and spoons both work good. Best to troll with the current until you find some fish as you will cover more bottom.

Scrape bottom North to south along the contours. I like 180 to 200ft but change depth if nothing happening. Last year at this time Anchovies were nailing them but hootchies and spoons both work good. Best to troll with the current until you find some fish as you will cover more bottom.
Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info!
It's a sandy bottom, so you don't have to worry too much about loosing your balls. If nothing is happening don't be afraid to come up. I often will have luck at 120 or Wayne Gretzky

Try booth bay on north end of the narrows, have had good luck there in the winter(right around this time of year).

Was out a Porlier this afternoon, only a couple undersized (40 ish cm) and cod for me. Scraping the bottom in the 200-250 mark, tried shallower, no luck and nothing in the mid water 120-99 ft range. Green/white skinny g spoons and UV / glo flashers.
Beauty day out there though.

Anyone been out around Saturna lately? Thinking about going over for the night next weekend.
So did you go? How was it? Going to haul the boat over this weekend for this years maiden voyage. Weather looks good!... How’s prawning this year? And anyone fished Salamanca or around Active Pass lately... got a couple keepers last year around this time.

So did you go? How was it? Going to haul the boat over this weekend for this years maiden voyage. Weather looks good!... How’s prawning this year? And anyone fished Salamanca or around Active Pass lately... got a couple keepers last year around this time.
Yes I did, Tried Saturn and Active Pass for springs with no love. Prawn traps were full of pink shrimp.. Not sure where the spot prawns went. Crabbing was decent in Navy Channel as well but they are soft shelled.

I was out at Porlier yesterday along with about 10 other boats. One just under and lots of either 30 cm or 40 ish cm fish to the boat. I didn't see many others catching fish, but one guy kept an obvious undersize right beside me???? I didn't catch anything on the bottom, all fish were caught between 99 and 120 feet on small green/white spoons at about 1.5 mph water speed.

I was out at Porlier today from 8-1 sloooowwwww. Two 40ish cm fish all day not even another hit. Same gear as last time at all depths 70 feet was where we found the two we did catch.
It was a beautiful sunny day on the water though.

No spring love for me Saturday at Salamanca, missed the only hit 8am, 10 minutes in (forst time out in 6mo, didn’t have my head in the game...). Got 30 huge prawn in the navy channel as a consolation prize, no eggs... they must have just dropped them. What a skookum new dock in miners bay!!

Morning guys, just wondering if there are any newish reports around Tent island?

Kids are asking to go out in the boat, so was thinking to head out in the next couple days. Being the first trip out with the boat, wanted to stay close to home... Launching in Crofton...

Morning guys, just wondering if there are any newish reports around Tent island?

Kids are asking to go out in the boat, so was thinking to head out in the next couple days. Being the first trip out with the boat, wanted to stay close to home... Launching in Crofton...
It's only open for catch and release right no, so there might not be many people fishing.

Back