2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guy's thanks for the tips! Hookin'up I might take you up on the offer if I don't make any progress. I am planning on doing the Pacific angler course but none of the up and coming dates work for me.

I am hoping the weather report for Sunday gets better, I really want to get out and nail one of these fish :)

Wow what a great fish reporting thread whats happening at thraser, poliar pass, south arm, QA, T10 ............

Relax, nothing wrong with some location specific tips on this thread. I know a few members are still out there right now so some reports should come in later tonight.

Cheers

Relax, nothing wrong with some location specific tips on this thread. I know a few members are still out there right now so some reports should come in later tonight.

Cheers

My thoughts exactly,
all threads get sidetracked some it is inevitable and any advice offered here can be used by some or all or none

Cheers

No problem my friend , there is some great info that maybe someone else could use however with it posted in the wrong forum how will they find it ??
Further, if we just post in treads with no relevance to the thread heading then why have the headings and just post were ever !
I am sure you can figure that out, can't ya !
I agree , with the last post (None) and time for me to leave this site like many others, good luck to all on the water and stay safe

Last edited by a moderator:
I was one of the 20 or so boats out at the hump today... beauty day to be out!!! But not a sniff for us - four lines down, two w bait and two w spoons - between 90 - 125 feet. I worked late last nite so we didn't get out until 1030 - maybe there was some morning action but I didn't see any nets waving.
More or less covered the area and never really saw much in the way of bait either??? The swing into full moon has the fish moving??

No problem my friend , there is some great info that maybe someone else could use however with it posted in the wrong forum how will they find it ??
Further, if we just post in treads with no relevance to the thread heading then why have the headings and just post were ever !
I am sure you can figure that out, can't ya !
I agree , with the last post (None) and time for me to leave this site like many others, good luck to all on the water and stay safe
I wasnt trying to offend you and if I did I appologize, was just stating a fact that all threads get hijackjed to a point,
this thread and ones from past years have always had somewhat of an ongoing discussion/tips pertaining to the area and being the friendly bunch that we are we enjoy helping others, now granted you are right perhaps Marty could have started his own thread but we cannot blame him cause as I say we always have discussed area specific info here as well and we would have to blame the thousands of past posts as well.
but clint seriously this isnt the first time you've chimed in sarcastically about wheres the reports, maybe I shoulda bit my tongue a bit and not jumped on you but after spending the last 4 hours shopping with the wife and kids...........well you get the idea, again I appologize for offending you and you dont need to go anywhere your as much a valued member here as anyone else, now c'mon its not winter time anymore fish are a plenty everyones suppose to be in good spirits,
lets get back to fishing!
Tim

FWIW-Last year the only way I could get a Salmon bite on the Hump was to run my Chovy/Flasher combo at least 150' behind the wire-an old trick from WCVI.

The next day one of my friends in a different style boat slayed them-he ran a similar combo no more than 10' from the wire.

Well today I had redemption for the hammer I lost yesterday to a seal, the time lost fighting the seal while the bite was on, the last two fish I lost earlier this week, and every fish I have ever caught off Solowey. Today my friends, the wife,the boy and I were able to land a 31 pound Tyee off the hump in April. First tyee aboard this boat, and what a perfect day to pull it off sunshine and glassy calm water. Had the gear all set up and the family napping down below while I waited patiently for that first rod to snap off. Waited about an hour or hour and a half when it happens, just like yesterday. I look up to see my bottom rod hammer down twice very violently and then go straight up. I grab the rod reel like hell, take up all the Slack and nail the hooks. I love that split second-feeling of that dead weight follows up by the screaming reel that feels like its hooked to a floored F350 turbo diesel.

Fish put up a good fight, the wife was up and ready with the net and had cleared the one rigger but we rolled with the other rigger and two rods still set up and of course the fish ends up on this side if the boat. No worries though my wife us a sniper with the net and got it just as it rolled and went for the braid. It was a great day for us , we hit a 16 a while later and lost another in the afternoon. Fish was hit on a glo bullet roll anchovy with the standard 6 foot leader. We trolled it at 2.3 with a purple onion flasher. Both fish came on my side of the boat armed with Mr Eds glo balls green/chartreuse. We switch the wife's side with one and she hit the one that got away. Delirious now must sleep. Good time to get out, my crazy fisherman friend landed some nice ones in the afternoon. Good luck

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 369
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 377
Fish put up a good fight, the wife was up and ready with the net and had cleared the one rigger but we rolled with the other rigger and two rods still set up and of course the fish ends up on this side if the boat. No worries though my wife us a sniper with the net and got it just as it rolled and went for the braid. It was a great day for us , we hit a 16 a while later and lost another in the afternoon. Fish was hit on a glo bullet roll anchovy with the standard 6 foot leader. We trolled it at 2.3 with a purple onion flasher. Both fish came on my side of the boat armed with Mr Eds glo balls green/chartreuse. We switch the wife's side with one and she hit the one that got away. Delirious now must sleep. Good time to get out, my crazy fisherman friend landed some nice ones in the afternoon. Good luck

Way to go Dave!!, now theres the report I was waiting for, I heard a little spoiler of it earlier from Mr.Ed
theres the triple I said you were going to get only it comes as 3-10's all rolled into one mother of a hog,
way to go man, I think you guys have definately earned it!!

Tim

On a side note............SOMEONE IS GONNA HAVE AN AWESOME REPORT FROM THE HUMP TODAY!!!! Sweet revenge!!!!

Someone thinks i'm sweet ??:o

hahahaha

Congrats Dave!! Definately well deservered!!! Your report is making me ditch the office this afternoon.. Heading out around 2:30... Anyone else going?

Awesome Dave!!! I was messaging with Brian getting the "play by play". :cool:

I buzzed you a text.....not sure if you got it or if you have the same number?

Great fish Dave....bout all I can say! What a pig!

Good prawning in Howe Sd 280'-350',pellets,anchovies,cat food- also in a sock helped. Managed a 14 lb at the hump in 3 hr on 3 1/2" Irish cream at 120'

Nice fish dmurph !!!!! I was out there yesterday as well it was an amazing day really stole one.... I boxed a 13.5 around 10:30 then had no other action for the rest of the day.Heading out tomorrow we will see what lurks off bowen island...
Good luck everyone!!!

Tight lines
Billydoo

Nice work Dave on Soloway!!! Congrats on the first Tyee of the Season in Vancouver Waters!!!!

just got back in from the hump today

no joy for us but seen a few fish in the nets
fished 10-2pm with hoochie, spoons and fake bait

126-101-90-75

even stacked one side and ran 4 rods for a while
think most where coming out to bait today aghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

little bit choppy but looks like its claming down for the eve high tide

will be away for a few weeks so guys leave me a couple
and well done on the tyee top fishing dmurph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back