2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished 12 till 6 today at the hump got 1 hit & 1 fish a 12 lb red on chovie at 82 ft at 3pm, that was it tried various depths to 160 with lots of different gear as well, just 1 for 1, flattened out later in the afternoon as well!

I was out there 3-7 today as well. No hits for me but beauty evening on the water. hot and sunny, felt like summer. Ran a variety of lures everywhere from 30-135 feet. Must have been in between the bites as I heard of a bunch caught before I was out and after.

Fished 12 till 6 today at the hump got 1 hit & 1 fish a 12 lb red on chovie at 82 ft at 3pm, that was it tried various depths to 160 with lots of different gear as well, just 1 for 1, flattened out later in the afternoon as well!

Congrats! Thats a good eating size and being a red is even better ,thanks for the report.

Also, out from 4 - 7:30 this evening.. Had 2 pin poppers that didn't stick, 1 undersize and a 17lb white. Got the one keeper at 120' on a light green splatter back hootchie. We fished bait hard on one side with no action. All action came on irish cream spoon and hootchie. Think I saw you out there trendsetter...

Nice fish gypsyking, and thanks for all the props on the tyee fellas. Waited to buck it up until back at the dock to take a few more photos. The fish was a white and the stomach was empty. Hope this is a good start to an even better season, the reports have been pretty solid by all.

Nice fish gypsyking, and thanks for all the props on the tyee fellas. Waited to buck it up until back at the dock to take a few more photos. The fish was a white and the stomach was empty. Hope this is a good start to an even better season, the reports have been pretty solid by all.

Sure wish I could go tomorrow but friggin work thing in the way, this year is starting out very nicely.

Beauty Fish DMurph! Great way to start off the season. I sure this will have a few more boys questioning their start date this year ;) congrats

Also, out from 4 - 7:30 this evening.. Had 2 pin poppers that didn't stick, 1 undersize and a 17lb white. Got the one keeper at 120' on a light green splatter back hootchie. We fished bait hard on one side with no action. All action came on irish cream spoon and hootchie. Think I saw you out there trendsetter...

That looks bigger than 17, nice work!

Was fishing the hump a week ago Hans solo and hit my first deadhead in 20 years on the water, it was a widow maker (inverted log) with just the butt poking up every now and then thought I was going in the drink by force of the impact ,was waiting for the pumps to kick in and nothing. Lifted the motor it's still there so circled back and took some pics for insurance people just in case .Fished the rest of the day happy to have the boat in one piece. Don't know how far the tides move something like that but be aware in case it's lurking somewhere. After inspecting the boat at home i couldnt find a mark on it ??? lucky i must of hit it right on the chine. . So where does a guy go to pick up some of those flags on a metal stand that you can hammer in a deadhead to warn my fellow boaters or do I have to make em.??
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367101479.332804.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367101609.673785.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367101637.952729.jpg

So where does a guy go to pick up some of those flags on a metal stand that you can hammer in a deadhead to warn my fellow boaters or do I have to make em.??

A place in Gibsons used to give those 8 years or so ago-I suppose you could make your own.

I am pretty sure you can get dead head flags to mark spooky bastards like that. Or as mentioned fashion one of your own.

A quick google search and this company popped up. Made in Gold River, BC.

Edit: http://www.paisleyandmint.com/deadhead-flags-floating-log-markers.html

We were at the Hump today, and on the way out I was recalling a trip of the coast in the dark AM hours....as day broke, the first thing we saw was a telephone pole, much like you have pictured SA. I am very happy to hear you are "Staying Alive" after a blow like that. Happy to hear the Crestliner fared well in the battle as well!

I am pretty sure we saw this pole coming in today...it is approx 1 mile west of the North Arm. Passed it heading home.

A little fishing to report, we had our lines down (bumpy, windy, rough in and out, and some rain) shortly before 8am, off the S.E corner of the hump (where I've had all my hits coincidentally), and sure enough before the 3rd rod went down, the second went up. Fish on! A scrappy 11 pounda.

Thanks to Rob @ PNT for supply the lure that did the trick. The same got my 17 last Friday....those TKO's produce! Sadly, I lost the flasher/lure combo when releasing from the scotty clip when bringing the gear up. Pulled to release, something felt funny, and everything was gone. Strange!

Anyways here's a shot of the days catch. Rough, but worth it.

got it @ 90'

Last edited by a moderator:
Was fishing the hump a week ago Hans solo and hit my first deadhead in 20 years on the water, it was a widow maker (inverted log) with just the butt poking up every now and then thought I was going in the drink by force of the impact ,was waiting for the pumps to kick in and nothing. Lifted the motor it's still there so circled back and took some pics for insurance people just in case .Fished the rest of the day happy to have the boat in one piece. Don't know how far the tides move something like that but be aware in case it's lurking somewhere. After inspecting the boat at home i couldnt find a mark on it ??? lucky i must of hit it right on the chine. . So where does a guy go to pick up some of those flags on a metal stand that you can hammer in a deadhead to warn my fellow boaters or do I have to make em.??
View attachment 6973
View attachment 6974
View attachment 6975

Bleach bottles on a rope where standard back east where I grew up

Guess I'll find some 1/4 steel rod and make something. OR how about this we get some made up with the sport fishing BC logo on them and sell em and make some money to donate to salmon enhancement or use the money and buy beer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back