2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whats the Depth and Area?

Today on the radio there were guys telling others to phone them for the "big secret" whatever, that is so lame . What the heck there's enough fish for everyone and there were like 12 boats out there, it wasn't a million dollar derby,its a few working stiffs trying to bring home a fish to justify skipping work to their wives.lol

The fish today were at 105 feet, I shortened my leaders to 4.5 feet and small chovie in a teaser head. I believe fish are hanging closer to Bowen fron the middle to the south end. I keep getting told these are American fish and that just makes me want to catch more of them. :cool:

Most of Ours came at 140' on the SE corner of the hump 550' water,
Find a tideline and follow it

That does it. I'm bringing my boat over from the Island to fish Vancouver till July when I head to the West Coast. Can't read any more of this while sitting in the office 1 KM from English Bay. Sounds like all the action right now is right here!!!

The area is the same but I tried deep the last couple of times out and not a sniff at 140 feet, how big are the fish you are getting?

12-18 lbs lost one bigger at the side of the boat, morning low was best

Oh sorry, I answered a call this morning from someone asking how the fishing was at the Hump, must have been a similar name. :o

We spoke, remember you wanted me to call you to get the fishing info "Because u dont give it out over the VHF" LOL ! Thanks for the info over the VHF !!

We spoke, remember you wanted me to call you to get the fishing info "Because u dont give it out over the VHF" LOL ! Thanks for the info over the VHF !!

The call I speak of came at 6:45, I was the only boat out there and someone called asking for anyone at the Hump catching fish. Are you going out tomorrow?

The call I speak of came at 6:45, I was the only boat out there and someone called asking for anyone at the Hump catching fish. Are you going out tomorrow?

Got to do some early season upgrades to the Sir-Vivor, nothing major , just some things to get geared up for whats about to come !!!! Good luck and go get em,

Had a good fish hammer my bottom rod at 110 feet today. Hit a spackel back teaser head, popped the clip and then bent the rod over and just started screaming. Grabbed the got things under control and felt I had a real nice fish on, hadn't had a hit like this in a long time. Played the fish for a long time and finally had it coming in to the boat on the surface when a damn seal grabbed it. Well my arms were already burning from the big runs from the fish, but I thought there's no way I am going to give away the best hitting fish I've had in 2 seasons. Well this eventually turned into let's just get the flasher back. In the end I was left with nothing more than a reel with no line and tired out arms

Had a good fish hammer my bottom rod at 110 feet today. Hit a spackel back teaser head, popped the clip and then bent the rod over and just started screaming. Grabbed the got things under control and felt I had a real nice fish on, hadn't had a hit like this in a long time. Played the fish for a long time and finally had it coming in to the boat on the surface when a damn seal grabbed it. Well my arms were already burning from the big runs from the fish, but I thought there's no way I am going to give away the best hitting fish I've had in 2 seasons. Well this eventually turned into let's just get the flasher back. In the end I was left with nothing more than a reel with no line and tired out arms
Damn Dave!
you seem to have the worst luck hauling fish to the boat lately, at least your hooking them so your obviously doing
all the right things,
its going to happen, I can hear it playing out now........ radio silence will break with you excitely proclaiming you just landed a triple right after your wife landed hers, your boxed and headed home.
seriously dont let it get you down, we've all been there its part of the fun:)
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back