2013 Tuna adventures

Harper44

Oh it was a dolphin, mammal, we were around a school about 1000, they were everywhere, jumping and finning by the schools , what a site.....

Cool story. I was really hoping for an exotic report of DODO. the waters are really warm and they've been caught to the south of us!

All - I'll be out at Nitinat on Sat. Won't get off the fuel dock in Neah until about 7:15AM so I should make it out there a little before 10AM. I'll have another buddy boat with me and one farther south working JDF canyon. Monitoring 16,68, 69 and 74 (I can monitor other channels if that's desirable). Give me a call if you want intel/want to share intel - Boat's name is "Meant to Be".

All - I'll be out at Nitinat on Sat. Won't get off the fuel dock in Neah until about 7:15AM so I should make it out there a little before 10AM. I'll have another buddy boat with me and one farther south working JDF canyon. Monitoring 16,68, 69 and 74 (I can monitor other channels if that's desirable). Give me a call if you want intel/want to share intel - Boat's name is "Meant to Be".

I will be in either Nitinat or Barkley on Saturday. I will try you on 68, call sign "Reef Raider".

birdsnest the xraps are your firends.........ill teach you how to tune them when im in town this weekend. I definatly would not fish them off hand lines though.

I am thinking of fishing near loudoun as well. Xraps on handlines are a no no IMO.

We'll be on 78 too, call sign "Lucky Dog", fishing with MikeP north of Loudoun I'm told!

Lol,I was in Tofino, middle of last week,and unfortunately the weather did not cooperate. :-(

Yeah, that was ******. I was gonna go for it if it was marginal but we were forced to fish behind some islands for cohos :(

I'm looking at sunday for being the day, but may have to catch 7pm ferry friday nite if the water shows any sign of flattening out... Bamfield to Nitnat - ch 1

Yeah, that was ******. I was gonna go for it if it was marginal but we were forced to fish behind some islands for cohos :(

I've wondered a few times about the hardcore tuna crowd around here. Is it a big old yawner to fish for salmon after you've got the offshore tuna fishing in your blood?

I'll add 78 to my monitoring list. I'll probably have my buddy boat run down the south edge of Nitinat and I'll run down the north edge. If the two at Louden do a similar thing on that canyon we'll have boats spread over about 10 miles or so N-S. It turns out I'll be able to get out to Neah Bay early enough tomorrow to get fuel so I'll probably be near 3000' line at Nitinat by 8:30-ish. We'll call in others if we find a large school of eager biters.

I've wondered a few times about the hardcore tuna crowd around here. Is it a big old yawner to fish for salmon after you've got the offshore tuna fishing in your blood?

It ruined salmon fishing and eating for me. Once you experience that savage hit and run of a tuna you're hooked

I'll add 78 to my monitoring list. I'll probably have my buddy boat run down the south edge of Nitinat and I'll run down the north edge. If the two at Louden do a similar thing on that canyon we'll have boats spread over about 10 miles or so N-S. It turns out I'll be able to get out to Neah Bay early enough tomorrow to get fuel so I'll probably be near 3000' line at Nitinat by 8:30-ish. We'll call in others if we find a large school of eager biters.
Those boats out of TOFINO that are fishing tuna may be on VHF 79 if not on 78. FYI.

Back