2012 Vancouver, Howe sound and Sunshine coast reports thread

Bobboats- we are an ethinically diverse group here. No one should point at any one group as "the" problem. A poacher or person showing disrespect for our resources is a mofo regardless of ethnicity. If you fish and respect the resource, we love you man. See you on the water....on another note, great to see the Vancouver sticky getting more action than the Island stickies!!!!

by the way, check out this video, tonga in trouble, boat look familiar ? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo9qtbkkzz4&feature=related

dude that is the boat!!! What a joke!

Here is a more descriptive picture of these clowns...thanks to the member (Bif?) for this picture, and Sir-Vivor for his efforts with re-sizing. Hard to have good reports with folks like this on the water so I think it is thread worthy!

Keep an eye out for this boat...

Attachments

• poachers.jpg
    poachers.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 194
Hey, how about those fish? Anyone fish local waters these past two days? Nice looking day today but looks like its going to blow up for the next couple.

I heard of a 23 and a 30 yesterday at Thrasher, same boat.

Oh and if I could get a silencer for an AR, I would sit at my families home on Passage and take shots at anyone that gets close to my traps....dam teredo worms eating holes in peoples boats.......dam worms.

Saw that boat out today off Jericho, looked like they were up to no good just had a bad feeling, checked my 2 traps which had killer bait and set in a good productive spot, not one single crab. My last trap set up the same way but way inside the bay 9 keepers. Piece of **** poachers. Fished from curtis right into the 2nd mile marker and hooked into one salmon. Was trolling along head down tying tackle, long given up on hopes of catching a spring when the wife pops up from the cuddy window hatch and yells FISH ON. My First thought was F ya, my second was oh S-it as I remember telling a joke over the radio earlier how this seal had followed me for hours with confidence I will hook a fish what a fool I THOUGHT. As I went to the rod as it was just hammering away I was saying please be big spring, please be big spring, but nope just big time sealed. Ended up with my gear back and half a salmon head. Fish hit a Irish Cream spoon at 105'. Hope some of the Nanimo fish move on to thrasher and then onto south bowen.

Water should be o.k. tomorrow ,who wants to go raid traps I mean fishing. Not comfy about crossing to Thrasher but Hump should be fine. Might have to go Sunday now depending on a stupid birthday party,

Last edited by a moderator:
winds look good for sunday, if its a day for us, that'd be the day...hoping to run across to thrasher

Apparently Saturday doesnt rate a forcast.

Winds
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 25 May 2012 Tonight and Saturday
Strong wind warning in effect.

Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to 20 to 25 early this evening then diminishing to 5 to 15 near midnight.

Extended Forecast
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 25 May 2012

Sunday

Wind south 10 to 20 knots becoming variable 5 to 15 in the afternoon.

Monday

Wind variable 5 to 15 knots.

Tuesday

Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots.

Forecast

Apparently Saturday doesnt rate a forcast.

Winds
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 25 May 2012 Tonight and Saturday
Strong wind warning in effect.

Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to 20 to 25 early this evening then diminishing to 5 to 15 near midnight.

Extended Forecast
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 25 May 2012

Sunday

Wind south 10 to 20 knots becoming variable 5 to 15 in the afternoon.

Monday

Wind variable 5 to 15 knots.

Tuesday

Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots.

Forecasts are for a 24 hour period. The latest forecast is good until 4 pm Saturday and will be updated.

Monday I'm going, wind or no wind . Got to find somewhere to fish, my gear is getting rusted from sitting around !

Back