20' Hourston Euro Transom

Did you order direct or is there a location retailer?
I got the system from an upholstery shop in Gibsons. Apparently, it's the same system coastal craft uses. I will ask her what supplier she uses. unfortunately, it requires a special tool kit which looks expensive, but if you're doing a boat it's worth the investment as it will save time.

I realize some of you might be wondering why I didn't take the rub rail all the way to the back, anything is possible I just didn't want to have screws going into the foam-filled pod. This is something very easy to change but it's easier to see if I like it as it is. I have never been a fan of having the rub rail close to the waterline on the boat.

Attachments

• rub rail option.jpg
    rub rail option.jpg
    550.3 KB · Views: 193
It screams out for something on that beauty, subtle graphic or the new decal. I don't think the rub rail needs extending from current position.

To me, it needs something to finish it off back there. The extended rail rendering looks good to my eyes.

Yeah, I agree....I like the look of the extended rub rail. I understand that you don't want the rub rail extending down close to the waterline...wonder if you can put some black decals on to mimic the rubrail?

Back