winter springs victoria

Hey r.s and ipbuckin: You are correct on the "Glo Kitchen Sink". The other spoon names mentioned must be different in some way. I guess now I have no excuse for getting skunked, when I can actually say I did throw the kitchen sink at them.;) eman

Hey RS! Is that you with the Tyee passing me on McKenzie while I'm going to work?
Damn, I got to start fishin more.

quote:Originally posted by Hoochiebob

Hey RS! Is that you with the Tyee passing me on McKenzie while I'm going to work?
Damn, I got to start fishin more.

Nope, i've got a 16' K&C...
I'm relegated to weekends only for a while.

Hmmm,I know that somebody on this site has that boat.Tempted to flag them down one morning and call in sick!

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

I found a killer spoon, not sure what it's called but it looks like
a cop car with a glo white & green stripe.
I fished it with a purple haze flasher and all the bites came on that combo. You can see it here :

IMG_1314.jpg

RS,

After seeing your post, I found the spoon below. Too me, it looks like the same exact one. It's labled "Super Trooper". However, this one doesn't glow. Just checking, are you sure yours is a glow spoon? If it is, I need to keep looking.

Thanks, Slabby

DSCN4378.jpg

Looks identical but the one i'm using is definitely stamped
"Everglo" and it's called Glo kitchen sink.
The man.date code is 09/28/05 , so they are old stock.

I'm sure it will work anyway.

I thought it looked identical too. Some have mentioned the name Glo Kitchen Sink so maybe that's the glow version. Thanks for the quick come back.

Fished Sooke on Sat. flat calm but lots of **** in the water.
Kept 1 around 9lbs and released some shakers.
Saw lots of bait on the sounder
Good Luck

went for a drive on Ross Bay Hills yesterday in the afternoon. saw a lone boat fishing between Trail Island and Clover Pt. How did that boat make out? I really enjoy looking at the boats brave fishing in wintertime.

quote:Originally posted by fishspoon

went for a drive on Ross Bay Hills yesterday in the afternoon. saw a lone boat fishing between Trail Island and Clover Pt. How did that boat make out? I really enjoy looking at the boats brave fishing in wintertime.
That would have been us, no action close in but we ran out to Constance and chased a bait ball out to the west side.
We found winter springs at about 150-170' deep and hit 7 in about an hour. Landed 10 & 7lbs , released 3, and lost 2.

Darn it Craven, you're going to drive me to buying some new long underwear so I can get out on these chilly days.

I actually prefer winter fishing to any other time of year. As long as it's not blowing a gale, it is usually quite pleasant. Plus there is not the competition for the fish that you see at other times of the year. But then again, I used to really like ice fishing when I lived in the Okanagan.

quote:Originally posted by Time

Darn it Craven, you're going to drive me to buying some new long underwear so I can get out on these chilly days.

ha,ha, you didn't need it yesterday...
it was warm out there with the sun shining.
Love the west coast ! :D

picked up the last "glow kitchen sink ' from can tire langford today

screw u Tek 11

its exactly what you have show CS

tubbed I think I will out fish you on any given day!!!!!!
with a piece of bait and a stick..........

Back