Winter Reports Sooke and Victoria 2008/2009

Out for 5 hours at Pedder today with the flyrods and downriggers. No bait to be seen. Lumpy NE wind was cold and uncomfortable. Fish weren't biting so I gave up. Heard that it was fair to good on the weekend.

I was out twice on Sunday and on Monday aswell. Just managed
To get one in the boat. NE wind was brutal.
Traveled all the way to west connie with a tip from IO to get skunked
And came back to trial to get it in a few mins.
Caught on bait. 130 feet at 115 on the rigger.
Weapon of choice was purple haze teaser with pink flasher.
Anyone got any tips for the weekend.

Fished the Sooke Bluffs from 715am to 1230pm, had a double header by
8am and got another around 10am. 1 on chove, 1 on green hootchie, and 1 on a green glo spoon,130ft line, 7 to 10 lb's.
It was to nice of a day yesterday so we grabbed some brews and fished the Breakwater from 2pm to 5 pm, hit a 12lb white spring off Brotchie, bait, 140ft. Last Chance, how was your late afternoon trip? Saw you go by me just off the breakwater at around 430pm. Talked to 1 group of guys that were out at Constance and they said it was dead but they picked up a double off the Flag Pole, landed 1 lost 1. Back out this weekend.....Sidney????....

WOW thats almost as good as codfish heard he was lighting it all like crazy out there, huge fish and everything.

quote:Originally posted by Luna

Fished the Sooke Bluffs from 715am to 1230pm, had a double header by
8am and got another around 10am. 1 on chove, 1 on green hootchie, and 1 on a green glo spoon,130ft line, 7 to 10 lb's.
It was to nice of a day yesterday so we grabbed some brews and fished the Breakwater from 2pm to 5 pm, hit a 12lb white spring off Brotchie, bait, 140ft. Last Chance, how was your late afternoon trip? Saw you go by me just off the breakwater at around 430pm. Talked to 1 group of guys that were out at Constance and they said it was dead but they picked up a double off the Flag Pole, landed 1 lost 1. Back out this weekend.....Sidney????....

One hit on Conny, then nothing.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Luna give me a shout.. I've been dying to get out for some winters.. I got the boat ready to go i dont have your number in my new phone so give me a shout we will hit the chuck

Funny thing is that all I ever have to report to the creel guy is that I lost two salmon to seals, pretty much on every trip...go fugure. The seals are bad this year. [:I]

im gonna take a trip from oak bay marina to sooke this weekend,instead of the regular trial island.
havent been out that way for a while so im gonna give it a go.
anyone see's me out there give me a wave
barry

glasply with blue cooler on roof..

It's about a 15-16 mile run from Oakbay.
I did it once and got fogged in on the way back.
Made for an interesting trip.

Hope the fishing is better out west

Good luck !

Hey Baz,
I'll be out Saturday or Sunday.... not sure which day yet. If I see you I'll say hi.... I'll be in an Arima with a large red canopy if you see me..... wave....lol.

quote:Originally posted by baz

Baz, is your boat moored across from the ramp from the main entrance by the seal feeding / cleaning station area?

Cod i was commenting on how great a fisherman you were maybe you took it the wrong way heard you really ripped into me but changed your post ?????????you know your the best

Wolf

yeah man thats mine,
are you down there too?

quote:Originally posted by TenMile

quote:Originally posted by baz

Baz, is your boat moored across from the ramp from the main entrance by the seal feeding / cleaning station area?

an ill be there on sunday for sure,
not sure where to hit up, any pointers for the sooke area?
baz
quote:Originally posted by fishinfool

Hey Baz,
I'll be out Saturday or Sunday.... not sure which day yet. If I see you I'll say hi.... I'll be in an Arima with a large red canopy if you see me..... wave....lol.

Yep, I'm at the opposite end of the marina closer to the seawall in J. When you described your boat I remembered seeing it there. I'll come by and say hello next time I see you there.

Not sure that I'd burn the fuel running to Sooke this time of year. Don't know that you'll fare any better than the waterfront, or maybe the west side of the bank if the weather is good. Not to say you won't get any fish -- but I don't think things are that much better out that way just yet (grass is always greener however....).

Originally posted by baz

yeah man thats mine,
are you down there too?

Back