4fRWikJ.jpg

invnNtS.jpg

Cheers,
Nog

Is that a pesto with garlic scapes? Do you use basil and pin nuts

Garlic Scape Pesto

Ingredients

1/4 cup pine nuts
3/4 cup coarsely chopped garlic scapes (see note)
Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
1/2 teaspoon salt
A few generous grinds of black pepper
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese

Directions

In a small, dry pan set over very low heat, lightly toast the pine nuts, stirring or tossing occasionally until just beginning to brown, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes.

Combine the scapes, pine nuts, lemon juice and zest, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Pulse about 20 times, until fairly well combined. Pour in the olive oil slowly through the feed tube while the motor is running. When the oil is incorporated, transfer the pesto to a bowl and stir in the grated cheese. If you plan to freeze the pesto, wait to add the cheese until after you've defrosted it.

Notes - You can use half scapes and half herbs such as basil, dill and chervil if you prefer.

Garlic Scape Pesto

Ingredients

1/4 cup pine nuts
3/4 cup coarsely chopped garlic scapes (see note)
Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
1/2 teaspoon salt
A few generous grinds of black pepper
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese

Directions

In a small, dry pan set over very low heat, lightly toast the pine nuts, stirring or tossing occasionally until just beginning to brown, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes.

Combine the scapes, pine nuts, lemon juice and zest, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Pulse about 20 times, until fairly well combined. Pour in the olive oil slowly through the feed tube while the motor is running. When the oil is incorporated, transfer the pesto to a bowl and stir in the grated cheese. If you plan to freeze the pesto, wait to add the cheese until after you've defrosted it.

Notes - You can use half scapes and half herbs such as basil, dill and chervil if you prefer.
perfect thanks

Salmon were small, but I managed a good halibut on a recent trip.
Yesterday I vac sealed 22 packages, while simmering the well scrubbed head, and frame minus the tail on the hot plate in the garage. I picked the meat from the bones, refrigerated and made a pile of fish cakes using panko, potato, green onions, and eggs this morning. They went in the freezer. I'll take a pic when we eat a package.
Tempura trimmings last night.
Cheeks fried in butter for an appy tonight. (no pic)
Seared then roasted hali in garlic scape, caper, white wine reduction tonight.junehali.jpghalistock.jpgIMG_20220627_183213330.jpgIMG_20220628_181910245.jpg

Have company from Quesnel , seemed fitting to have a crab boil ( slap yr mama boil) n fish fry , (Wolfs batter recipe, one of the best we've ever had lite n crispy:)) Hali n hand cut chips ~ coleslaw). Crab and Hali unsolicited well timed gifts from two different people (Thanks) as I'm unable to fish at the moment! Best Regards

Attachments

• 20220628_172323.jpg
    20220628_172323.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220628_194904.jpg
    20220628_194904.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Went over to my folks place for dinner. It's great having family which enjoys gardening as most of the summer involves some sort of garden fresh vegetable or fruit in the dinner. Tonight we dined on medium rare moose tenderloins, a fresh garden salad, with skillet potatoes and for dessert some garden fresh raspberries, strawberries, and Logan berries over Greek yogurt with maple syrup. All in all fresh tasty meal in the sun with family was a great way to spend Canada Day, hopefully you all get a chance to spend it with friends family and loved ones today, and be thankful to be offered the luxuries of living in this great country no matter the current circumstances. Happy Canada day folks.
PXL_20220702_015407673.jpgPXL_20220702_011555032.jpg

Had to do something with the leftover Pesto Pasta.
So.. quickly steamed some Spot Prawns, Scallops and dug out a bag of Crab meat.
Tossed all that in with a few peas and cherry tomatoes, and WALLA!

xIdw0a8.jpg

Served up with cheesy garlic toast and a fine Beeno of course.

Yummy!

Cheers,
Nog

Back