What's for dinner tonight ?

Followed a Buddy's suggestion on a different Forum:

"Its Spot Prawn season."

dsW6usb.jpg

Tossed in some fresh airfried Calamari with Tzatziki sauce and a fresh garden salad:

pzmIRUf.jpg

That worked!

Cheers

Guy I’m working with gave me some morels. Never tried them before so used them in my go to mushroom recipe and WOW!!! Accompanied it with a small green salad and garlic toast. Sorry no pics but here’s the recipe.

This is how they went down. 225 on the traeger after a good dry rub sweat. Takes about 4 to 5 hours. Depends on how you like them. You can go full savage and set the temp to 205, but takes longer and there is very little difference I find. Lots of methods to cooking ribs.

20220604_174522.jpg

A very good Buddy just got back from overwintering in Panama.
He stopped by to catch up and presented me with a couple Yellowfin Tuna Steaks from a Tuna he had caught and processed himself:

7jmmJvz.jpg

So I prepped the rest of the meal, then quickly swished the steaks through blistering hot Sesame Oil for mere seconds:

HLKld4x.jpg

Complimented with a bucket of clams, cheesy garlic toast and a fresh garden salad.

h5A0RgI.jpg

The whole meal was great but that Tuna was absolutely outstanding!!

Cheers,
Nog

My first attempt at beef wellington. Absolutely delicious. The only thing that I'd change is to look for a smaller tenderloin and perhaps a bit bigger piece of puff pastry. I realize the wine should be red but hey that's what we were drinking before dinner. 20220612_185053.jpg

Attachments

• 20220612_190752.jpg
    20220612_190752.jpg
    474.2 KB · Views: 65
My first attempt at beef wellington. Absolutely delicious. The only thing that I'd change is to look for a smaller tenderloin and perhaps a bit bigger piece of puff pastry. I realize the wine should be red but hey that's what we were drinking before dinner. View attachment 80955
Looks fantastic! Did you use any bread crumbs inside to absorb the liquid?

Looks fantastic! Did you use any bread crumbs inside to absorb the liquid?
No I did not. Is that a trick that you use? I followed Gordon Ramsay's utube video to a T. The only changes that I made was instead of a prosciutto I took some of my homemade back bacon slices and pounded them paper thin. The tenderloin that I bought was also a bit thick. I think a thinner tenderloin would have been easier to wrap. I started to trim it down but I didn't have a use for the trim and tenderloin is far too expensive to add to my sausage grind. Too be honest the juice wasn't really a problem. It was more that I didn't realize until I started to wrap the tenderloin with the puff pastry that it wasn't quite going to seal up on one corner. Go figure, once I started to bake it that corner kind of burst open. All in all a very easy dinner to make and absolutely delicious. Like any meat don't cheat on the resting phase, it really helps pull those juices back into the meat.

No I did not. Is that a trick that you use? I followed Gordon Ramsay's utube video to a T. The only changes that I made was instead of a prosciutto I took some of my homemade back bacon slices and pounded them paper thin. The tenderloin that I bought was also a bit thick. I think a thinner tenderloin would have been easier to wrap. I started to trim it down but I didn't have a use for the trim and tenderloin is far too expensive to add to my sausage grind. Too be honest the juice wasn't really a problem. It was more that I didn't realize until I started to wrap the tenderloin with the puff pastry that it wasn't quite going to seal up on one corner. Go figure, once I started to bake it that corner kind of burst open. All in all a very easy dinner to make and absolutely delicious. Like any meat don't cheat on the resting phase, it really helps pull those juices back into the meat.

I've never tried it with beef, only Salmon. But yes the panko absorbs the juices on the bottom to keep the crust crispy. Seemed to work well. I also ended up using a couple sheets and overlapping them. I like crust so I didn't mind the extra thickness.

I've never tried it with beef, only Salmon. But yes the panko absorbs the juices on the bottom to keep the crust crispy. Seemed to work well. I also ended up using a couple sheets and overlapping them. I like crust so I didn't mind the extra thickness.
I've only done salmon with phyllo. With Beef it calls for puff pastry....similar but different. I think puff pastry is a lot more forgiving with respect to juices. I really don't think that juices were an issue for me. As I said I should have used a smaller piece of beef or rolled the puff pastry out a little bigger. Beef Wellington is wrapped in paper thin ham and a crumble which is made up of mushrooms and garlic ran through a food processor and cooked to remove any moisture. I think this picks up a lot of the juice.

Back