What towing capacity would you need to tow a boat with a listed weight of 7500lbs?

Bought a 2005 Duramax new in 2004. Put 718,000 Km on it, lots of trailer miles to. Besides the warranty Injectors at 85,000km it had an alternator, water pump, one set of brakes and a set of Rims (they knife edged). In 05 it had no EGR from the factory
Had the same truck.
Engine was great!
How many windows motors did you replace? I was at three when I sold her.

Bought a 2005 Duramax new in 2004. Put 718,000 Km on it, lots of trailer miles to. Besides the warranty Injectors at 85,000km it had an alternator, water pump, one set of brakes and a set of Rims (they knife edged). In 05 it had no EGR from the factory
One set of brakes is a testament to good driving: Work the gears on hills, anticipate the turns and don't ride the person in front of you. Love it.

Also Alberta!
I forgot that a lifetime brake service might actually be a thing in a few of Canada's provinces. I'm guessing in Alberta its pretty common for people to service brakes due to seized calipers rather than actually worn out discs/pads.

One set of brakes is a testament to good driving: Work the gears on hills, anticipate the turns and don't ride the person in front of you. Love it.
Yes, but what I learned is that the pins holding the calipers have to be replaced when you have a high mileage truck. I replaced the rotors and pads around 400k+-. After I did the replacement I had a trailer on and was breaking and the back pin/bolt failed on the caliper and the caliper rotated on the front pin and nearly ground thru the aluminum rim. Crap what a racket! I always operate in tow haul with the engine brake active when towing and the transmission in manual mode. I couldn't brake after the failure because of the racket and vibration coming from the front end. So I grabbed a couple gears it's the one and only time I red lined that Duramax. Figure out the problem and mooched my way into Castlegar with the four way on. The Canadian tire in Castlegar took it in and changed the pins while I waited. Very impressive.

Also Alberta!
Close to 50% of those km were made from west of Okotoks to Christina Lake. Crossing three wicked mountain passes including Kootany Pass which I believe is still the highest mountain pass with a major highway thru it. Half of those trips would be with a trailer.
P.S. There is no way that I will get that kind of KM out of the brakes on my Allison ten speed. You take your foot of the gas and it just coasts for ever. Duramax's now have 3.42 diff the old ones had 3.73 and only one overdrive. Even without tow/haul and the engine brake off before the ten speed the truck would decelerate when you took your foot off the gas. No free lunch good fuel economy or good engine braking during regular driving. The braking in tow/haul with the engine brake active is better than ever on the ten speed.

Back