What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

I currently have a glow cup for lures (flasher won't fit) and use the old cig lighter with the plug in adaptor, but think a direct connected USB outlet would be better for more juice, maybe replace the lighter with one instead of adding.
A good flashlight for 30 sec does the same, they don’t stay flashed up very long under water, sunny days the sun makes them glow a bit, I’ve tested it in the dark with different glow gear and once they go in the dark it fades real quick

Got ours back today from the shop, we had a 15HP Merc Prokicker installed, along with Garmin smart pump auto pilot, upgraded 1KW b175HW transducer and some maintenance work. Should be all ready for some serious fishing now! Can’t wait

PS the Merc and Yamaha colors drive me a bit nuts but I wanted more power than a 9.9 and fuel injection so I guess I gotta learn to love it haha

tight lines
Tom
Lol I did the same thing (merc kicker for more power / efi and yammy main caus it’s eye candy) but they don’t match and kinda bugs me too. Another project for when I have more time and $$ to waste!

Attachments

• 88774E0C-0357-4926-8338-93DCB4F085B2.jpeg
    88774E0C-0357-4926-8338-93DCB4F085B2.jpeg
    557.9 KB · Views: 91
I built 2 new sheds to get all the stuff from our mom moving in with us out of the way of my work bench so I can finish my gimble housing....geeezz it's gonna be winter spring time before she floats again at this rate!! Oh well at least my buddy is taking me to Ukee next week,fish on!!!

A good flashlight for 30 sec does the same, they don’t stay flashed up very long under water, sunny days the sun makes them glow a bit, I’ve tested it in the dark with different glow gear and once they go in the dark it fades real quick
Yah there’s mixed info out there on this. Whether charging with an actual UV light and a good source of it actually charges the battery ( lure paint ) so to speak better. Some say that the products todays lures use if charged properly can last up to 8 hrs, I find that hard to believe myself. Maybe some input from a couple of our lure painters and makers would help on this. When I have the time I am planning on doing a proper test on this. I plan on using my phone on time lapse and just see. Charge a couple lures with sunlight vs my lure box and do a proper timed test. It will be interesting and maybe put to rest some of the questions we have on this.

So yesterday I went back over to the boat to tidy things up, flush the motors and top up the tanks (gas and diesel (furnace)

This was my first solo trip in the boat.

My slip exit was great (understand that a 60 plus foot yacht is moored directly behind our slip.

I puttered over to the gas dock and made a fair to good landing at the gas dock, (though the teenagers running the dock don't make any special effort until the wind is catching the boat as you land. Gassed up and bought diesel and headed back.

On the way back to our slip I went out into the main channel and took the marina entrance that is as close as possible to our dock as possible.

I wanted to be moving into the wind and tide

The wind had come up and I was concentrating as I moved down the line of boats on my Starboard side . We have a tight covered slip with a lot of very nice boats moored alongside of the neighbouring finger pier that need to be avoided.

So I made it down to our slip and greased the landing..

I stopped the boat dead centre in the slip and it was just floating there

Equidistant on both sides from the finger piers and 2 feet from the front of the slip.

Then it happened.........

I looked over and saw an extra empty slip between our boat and the boat we normally tie up beside

So........

I had just made a perfect landing in our neighbours slip, no one was around to witness this faux pas or my great landing .

So I went astern and then had to maneuver into our slip where the landing was not a perfect 10 but a high 8 (at best)
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

So yesterday I went back over to the boat to tidy things up, flush the motors and top up the tanks (gas and diesel (furnace)

This was my first solo trip in the boat.

My slip exit was great (understand that a 60 plus foot yacht is moored directly behind our slip.

I puttered over to the gas dock and made a fair to good landing at the gas dock, (though the teenagers running the dock don't make any special effort until the wind is catching the boat as you land. Gassed up and bought diesel and headed back.

On the way back to our slip I went out into the main channel and took the marina entrance that is as close as possible to our dock as possible.

I wanted to be moving into the wind and tide

The wind had come up and I was concentrating as I moved down the line of boats on my Starboard side . We have a tight covered slip with a lot of very nice boats moored alongside of the neighbouring finger pier that need to be avoided.

So I made it down to our slip and greased the landing..

I stopped the boat dead centre in the slip and it was just floating there

Equidistant on both sides from the finger piers and 2 feet from the front of the slip.

Then it happened.........

I looked over and saw an extra empty slip between our boat and the boat we normally tie up beside

So........

I had just made a perfect landing in our neighbours slip, no one was around to witness this faux pas or my great landing .

So I went astern and then had to maneuver into our slip where the landing was not a perfect 10 but a high 8 (at best)
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I’m glad I’m not the only one that struggles with this lol.

Got my Wallas heater back from Trotac - motherboard was fried for a bill of $800.
Today was installation with the sun beating down on my back in spite of getting started at 7:30 am. I left a lot of my DNA in the form of skin and blood inside the mounting area and all over the unit. It works again but I'm not looking forward to the next service. IMG_5358.jpg

Nothing, still in Twillingate NL, but have been out fishing.. out for their food fishery,
5 per person per trip no licence needed ,max 15 fish in boat
only open on Sat, Sun Monday till Sept
Who said theres no cod out in Newfoundland?
Rules out here is anything brought in the boat has to be kept, but we did released this big one
IMO Best tasting bottom fish I've ever eaten

20220711_141727.jpg20220711_150209.jpgreceived_566615925188238.jpeg

Nothing, still in Twillingate NL, but have been out fishing.. out for their food fishery,
Rules out here is anything brought in the boat has to be kept, but we did released this big one

View attachment 82244View attachment 82245View attachment 82246
And the bucket of salt beef! True NL fishing!
I hope you ate some tasty cod cheeks.

Awesome, lived on the Big Rock for 9 years. Fished off Twillingate as well. Atlantic Cod is a great tasting fish.

That's close to my home town, going next week actually. Hope to get out fishing when I'm there.

Back