Victoria Outdoor Show

Dont expect to much tackle for sale at the show other then Island Outfitters. I have heard they have told 2 company's not to sell anything so they have withdrawn from the show. It used to be there show but gave up running it this year. I guess they still pull the strings. To bad I dont like company's that try and monopolize. Women hopfully still get in for free so I will go drool over boats.

That's exactly why I will be passing on this show or any other future shows that involve companies who use unfair business tactics to improve their tackle sales.This type of monopolization will surely hurt the companies that conduct business in this manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just realized this thread is not about the boat show this weekend (which I was referencing to) not the outdoor show coming up in March just to clarify!

Dont expect to much tackle for sale at the show other then Island Outfitters. I have heard they have told 2 company's not to sell anything so they have withdrawn from the show. It used to be there show but gave up running it this year. I guess they still pull the strings. To bad I dont like company's that try and monopolize. Women hopfully still get in for free so I will go drool over boats.

I heard the same thing about sales, so I aborted when offered. But, I will be there for a meeting. If all goes well, I'll fill y'all in soon on something new coming your way.

YES there will be better than boat show specials at trotac from this friday to next friday no admission fee either. ALSO free raffle for halibut reel and rod combo no purchase neccesary

TROTAC the only place to shop!!!!

Wolf

I hope those who do go to the show will look for the SVIAC who are sharing a booth with Gary Cooper. A chance for you to get the straight goods from the board.

There will be plenty of Pirates Den Fishing's gear at Trotac as I will be delivering a truck load Friday morning. Of course we'll have our famous lighted halibut lures as well as a lot of trolling lures and the L.E.D. lights you can use with your own lures, too. Be sure to check out our new for this year Gold Coin. And, since Pirates Den Fishing appreciate our retailers'efforts and our retail customers, we will have an add-on for Trotac's raffle- you will get rod, reel and some of our gear.

Go see Paul and his crew; get the great deals this weekend at Trotac !!

Almost forgot....

Our Gold Coin is a water activated green L.E.D. light with a gold metal frame and SS splitrings on each end. You can use it for ice fishing, fresh water and salt. Attach to your jigs or spreaderbar or insert into even 3.5 inch octopus lures, or use as a stand-alone fresh or salt water casting or trolling lure. One lure-light, so many uses !!!

I'm not going to comment on the rumour about the show because I don't have any first hand knowledge to prove or disprove. However even though I do shop more at Trotac mainly because they don't have a fleet of charter boats that compete with me......I still respect the involvement in the local angling community that Outfitters has always offered. They support most fundraising efforts with nice donations, get involved with worthy societies (Pink Salmon Festival) PSF, SFI, derbies. The list is long. You can't take that away from them. They have been the Thrifty Foods of the sport fishing industry.

There will be plenty of Pirates Den Fishing's gear at Trotac as I will be delivering a truck load Friday morning. Of course we'll have our famous lighted halibut lures as well as a lot of trolling lures and the L.E.D. lights you can use with your own lures, too. Be sure to check out our new for this year Gold Coin. And, since Pirates Den Fishing appreciate our retailers'efforts and our retail customers, we will have an add-on for Trotac's raffle- you will get rod, reel and some of our gear.

Go see Paul and his crew; get the great deals this weekend at Trotac !!

Almost forgot....

Our Gold Coin is a water activated green L.E.D. light with a gold metal frame and SS splitrings on each end. You can use it for ice fishing, fresh water and salt. Attach to your jigs or spreaderbar or insert into even 3.5 inch octopus lures, or use as a stand-alone fresh or salt water casting or trolling lure. One lure-light, so many uses !!!

I could be wrong but I understand you sell a rod tip strike alarm system which may be used for downrigger rod fishing. If so I would like to test a couple and if you have them could you bring some to Troac and ask Paul to hold on to them for me. I am out of town this weekend but will drop in to Trotac next week.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the amundson display to be selling or showing off there new reels, i was at trotac on wednesday and they said they have a small table at the show but are not allowed to sell anything that competes with islamd outfitters, im definetly popping by trotac after the show to check out the deals they are having there. Either way, i like the show cause i get to walk around boats that i cant afford!

Time to start a TROTAC THREAD.....the superior guides go - to store ; )
even ROLLIE shops there..:o

even ROLLIE shops there..:o

No ****?............ No wonder he gets all the fish :D

Way to derail a thread guys! lol

I was like

funny-gif-Ed-ONeil-laughing.gif

I'm not going to comment on the rumour about the show because I don't have any first hand knowledge to prove or disprove. However even though I do shop more at Trotac mainly because they don't have a fleet of charter boats that compete with me......I still respect the involvement in the local angling community that Outfitters has always offered. They support most fundraising efforts with nice donations, get involved with worthy societies (Pink Salmon Festival) PSF, SFI, derbies. The list is long. You can't take that away from them. They have been the Thrifty Foods of the sport fishing industry.

WEll ROLLIE!!!!!!!!! I HEAR TROTAC HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN MANY CARITY CONTRIBUTIONS AS WELL,IN FACT MANY YEARS NOW I.E: DONATION TO DERBIES UP- DOWN THE COAST WHO CONTIBUTE TO A MAJORITY OF THE FISHING ORGANIZATIONS DISCUSSED; AS WELL MANY OTHER COMMUNITY REATED PROGRAMS;IT'S A REVOVLING DOOR OF CHARITIES...TO NUMEROUS TO MENTION,,,, ALSO THEY HAVE DONATED ALL THE LIFEJACKETS FOR THE PINK SALMON FESTIVAL........

Oh chit now slabber is yelling.....

smiley-scared0012.gif

Keeping my fingers crossed for the amundson display to be selling or showing off there new reels, i was at trotac on wednesday and they said they have a small table at the show but are not allowed to sell anything that competes with islamd outfitters, im definetly popping by trotac after the show to check out the deals they are having there. Either way, i like the show cause i get to walk around boats that i cant afford!

i THINK YOUR CONFUSED,,,, I HEARD THEY WILL BE SELLING AVET REELS MADE IN USA :) BTW AREN'T AMUNDSON MADE OFF>>SHORE..:(

i THINK YOUR CONFUSED,,,, I HEARD THEY WILL BE SELLING AVET REELS MADE IN USA :) BTW AREN'T AMUNDSON MADE OFF>>SHORE..:(

I see you forgot your caps lock on... but you did shift the first i :p

Edit quick buddy ;)

Sammy..I was only pointing out to the guys that were ripping Outfitters that they do contribute too. They seldom say no when asked. Trotac wasn't under attack so I didn't toot their horn.

I could be wrong but I understand you sell a rod tip strike alarm system which may be used for downrigger rod fishing. If so I would like to test a couple and if you have them could you bring some to Troac and ask Paul to hold on to them for me. I am out of town this weekend but will drop in to Trotac next week.

I discontinued those and still have a few left that will have to be dug up. I'll put your name on them. Recently, I have been asked for them again, so if you guys want me to carry them again, chime in and let me know. I need to know if it is worthwhile to carry. Because they use batteries and over time they loose power, Sales must be good enough to stock.

I will dig up the few I do have for you, Rockfish, and leave them with Paul. I like your idea of using them for downrigging so be sure to check back with the good and/or ugly on that particular application.

I should also mention for those that shop at Wise-Buys that they will have a lot of our products on Friday as well.

I would remiss if I neglected to mention that instead of annual increases in prices, we've lowered prices across the board this year. No matter where you buy genuine Pirates Den Fishing gear, you will notice a lower price at the register.

You can visit our website for more info at www.piratesdenfishing.com or for facebook users, like and/or friend us at:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/piratesdenfishing.andsports and at:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pirates-Den-Fishing-and-Sports/337009993084518?ref=hl

follow us on twitter at:
https://twitter.com/PiratesDenFish

We have quite a few things going on for the upcoming season and more in the works for next season. Currently, we have a contest going on at facebook so be sure to get your entries in !!

And, thank y'all for all the support over the past couple years.

Back