Trophy Pod Project

I’ve never seen this before if your transom is flexing enough to need this isn’t there bigger problems or is this just extra precaution? It looks super well built, the whole thing
It’s basically just extra reinforcing, transom was 2” thick no signs of rot at all. My pod guy has done it on the last few, the engineer says to do it as it ties into where the old motor mounts were. In reality prob not required but I’d rather have it solid as possible. One of the guys in this forum who builds pods (I think Brando) he recommended to do this as well.

It’s basically just extra reinforcing, transom was 2” thick no signs of rot at all. My pod guy has done it on the last few, the engineer says to do it as it ties into where the old motor mounts were. In reality prob not required but I’d rather have it solid as possible. One of the guys in this forum who builds pods (I think Brando) he recommended to do this as well.
Why the bolted strut though? Is that for easier install? Is that part measured after the bases are installed? Looks badass

Why the bolted strut though? Is that for easier install? Is that part measured after the bases are installed? Looks badass
I think the main purpose for that was that there’s bushings inside there, can’t remember exactly what material they’re made of, super strong and provides a bit of flex under load if needed.

Well it’s 4am and I can’t sleep so might as well post an update. Pics from the dealership yesterday… haven’t seen her in person yet but happy with the stance in the water from the pic, sits a good couple inches higher in the back. (Common Trophy problem they sit low, bail out scuppers too close to water line). It’s probably right around the natural/stock waterline now, but before with kicker & swim grid used to squat quite a bit. The top is made but currently being anodized/coated. Couple more weeks and she should be all done.
3386DA17-6A91-4C47-92C7-7675AEEDEAD1.jpeg25101B01-4FE3-4D7A-A6B3-1BB8F463EEAF.jpegCD8FA3BD-078F-46FB-AC4E-F33A594A0CC0.jpeg

The picture on the water running looks like the kicker might be dragging a little low in the water while tilted up

The picture on the water running looks like the kicker might be dragging a little low in the water while tilted up
I saw that too, maybe cause it’s the XXL 25” shaft? Might have to move it up a couple bolt holes, who knows maybe they already made the adjustment. I told them to send me the first pic of it in the water!!

With the cutouts for scuppers and trim actuators you’ll find when your rolling around in a beam sea or on your stern that the waves push up underneath the deck and it acts like a “gizer” nice feature in the summer but a little chilly in the winter months lol the kicker will be fine once your up on step

With the cutouts for scuppers and trim actuators you’ll find when your rolling around in a beam sea or on your stern that the waves push up underneath the deck and it acts like a “gizer” nice feature in the summer but a little chilly in the winter months lol the kicker will be fine once your up on step
A custom ss removeable mesh over them will prevent that

Boat sits really nice in the water. 250 Mercury on that hull, be still my heart.

Do you have a plan for the doghouse area? Are you going to do a flat floor?

I saw that too, maybe cause it’s the XXL 25” shaft? Might have to move it up a couple bolt holes, who knows maybe they already made the adjustment. I told them to send me the first pic of it in the water!!
I wouldn’t worry about it too much; mine sits similarly and only drags a bit getting up on step. I was advised to leave the kicker in gear for this reason because letting the water spin the prop isn’t a great idea.

Too late to switch to a 20" leg kicker?
Nah she’s in already. Plus I used to have the issue of the kicker glugging a bit over waves with the 20”, so the longer shaft won’t have that, not that’s a big issue, but meh

You cut off that lip, very good to see, many leave it and don't take the time or cost to flatten the floor. Looking great all around.
Yeah that was a real pain in the arse task all around, not so much cutting it out but creating a recessed lip for the filler plate to sit flush. It’s not perfect, it’s “custom” but should look pretty decent all finished

Back