Trophy Pod Project

Nice job, I can see a rear steering helm and kicker controls in your future...along with some Ultra-Deck. The upgrade journey never ends. Lol

Nice job, I can see a rear steering helm and kicker controls in your future...along with some Ultra-Deck. The upgrade journey never ends. Lol
Lol I have Ultradeck on the way for the pod and new deck piece already.
I do have I tie bar but I like the tiller arm option for solo fishing, easier to control when trying to land a feisty spring solo I find. But I won’t rule it out…

I’ve been following your thread with great interest since I just bought a 2052 Trophy last fall and am looking towards podding when my engine dies. One thing I’m curious about is how much difference is there at rest with rocking motion. One of the reasons I previously bought a 22’ SeaSport with an inboard was the continuous rocking with the outboard but not so much with the inboard.

I’ve been following your thread with great interest since I just bought a 2052 Trophy last fall and am looking towards podding when my engine dies. One thing I’m curious about is how much difference is there at rest with rocking motion. One of the reasons I previously bought a 22’ SeaSport with an inboard was the continuous rocking with the outboard but not so much with the inboard.
I’ve had it out a few times since the repower. It does rock just a bit more at rest, trolling is about the same, and at any speed I find it runs smoother, cruises better in the rough for sure. Porpoising can be an issue for sure but I got the pod size/flotation right, due to the engineering and a thorough google education

I’ve had it out a few times since the repower. It does rock just a bit more at rest, trolling is about the same, and at any speed I find it runs smoother, cruises better in the rough for sure. Porpoising can be an issue for sure but I got the pod size/flotation right, due to the engineering and a thorough google education
Good to know keep posting updates I love the new dance floor

Lol I have Ultradeck on the way for the pod and new deck piece already.
I do have I tie bar but I like the tiller arm option for solo fishing, easier to control when trying to land a feisty spring solo I find. But I won’t rule it out…
Once you have rear hydraulic helm and your kicker controls at the aft seat you will never want to go back...then after that comes auto pilot, then a rear 9 inch sounder screen, then.... well, you know how this ends. $$$$

Great job! I always liked these Trophys minus the I/O, so this is the best version of this model yet. How high is the head clearance under the roof? As a tall guy this is often my beef with boats. I probably would have extended the hardtop a few inches further back to give any rear facing passengers some shelter in nasty weather but then again you may not fish regularly with 3 or 4 onboard. Looks great! Look forward seeing your design of the canvas enclosure. Cheers!

Great job! I always liked these Trophys minus the I/O, so this is the best version of this model yet. How high is the head clearance under the roof? As a tall guy this is often my beef with boats. I probably would have extended the hardtop a few inches further back to give any rear facing passengers some shelter in nasty weather but then again you may not fish regularly with 3 or 4 onboard. Looks great! Look forward seeing your design of the canvas enclosure. Cheers!
Yeah that’s one of the things I would have changed in hindsight, a bit more overhang at the back. It’s around 6’2-6’3” to the lowest clearance at the rear of the frame, and nearly 6’6 inside, floor to ceiling. I’m only 5’10 but the builder was 6’1 so made it tall guy approved

Once you have rear hydraulic helm and your kicker controls at the aft seat you will never want to go back...then after that comes auto pilot, then a rear 9 inch sounder screen, then.... well, you know how this ends. $$$$
It ends?? 🤣 The rear screen is already calling my name. I was eyeing up a FS7 screen & network adaptor, like $1500-ish more, but I gotta stop somewhere, at least for this year anyways….

Canvas enclosure done now. Got him to add a sun shade to extend the top. The front windshield is so clear… It’s odd to look thru something and be able to see properly, the old one was getting pretty scratched and milky…

Pretty sure the UltraDeck may not be ready until next year at this rate. They’re slammed rn I’m sure.
B2D019DD-B26F-446D-9854-1852288EB1F8.jpeg44D241AE-7122-4D47-B19E-41BFF6C905D4.jpeg

Back