St Jean's Cannery Schedule

Doug

I went to Nanaimo yesterday to drop off fish for processing (Lox). Got there at 10 and dropped off my fish and also other guys fish from Victoria for canning. Save them a trip. All of our paper work was done in 15-20 minutes and by completion there was a line up of 4 other groups dropping off fish.
St Jean's said they have become very busy in the last two weeks and our fish would be ready in 9-10 weeks (Nov.)

If you are think of dropping off fish you better do it sooner than later. I'm sure in two weeks orders will be ready in late Dec.
Remember to bring your license and friends licenses for each order placed. Minimum fish order size is now 15lb, Lox must be full side fillets or whole fish.
Here are the fillets I dropped off. Packaging them in whole fillets sure makes it easier than meal size pieces vacuum packing.

Attachments

• Aug 25 Fillets for Lox.jpg
    Aug 25 Fillets for Lox.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 128
I went to Nanaimo yesterday to drop off fish for processing (Lox). Got there at 10 and dropped off my fish and also other guys fish from Victoria for canning. Save them a trip. All of our paper work was done in 15-20 minutes and by completion there was a line up of 4 other groups dropping off fish.
St Jean's said they have become very busy in the last two weeks and our fish would be ready in 9-10 weeks (Nov.)

If you are think of dropping off fish you better do it sooner than later. I'm sure in two weeks orders will be ready in late Dec.
Remember to bring your license and friends licenses for each order placed. Minimum fish order size is now 15lb, Lox must be full side fillets or whole fish.
Here are the fillets I dropped off. Packaging them in whole fillets sure makes it easier than meal size pieces vacuum packing.
I was there last week and while it was busy, the girls said there was a lineup into the parking lot for 8 hrs straight the day before

Heard that Masa's in North Van has No More Room in their freezers and that they ask for people to phone for a date when they can bring fish in-looking at 8 weeks.

I dropped my 4 springs off in mid July after a central coast trip and St. Jeans just emailed me yesterday saying they are ready for pickup so that's about 6 weeks. Not bad, IMO. heading to pickup now. Looking forward to some candied salmon tonight!

With the tuna being caught it is going to get worse!

Yup.....we got our processing done at Nass in Tofino and they have TONS of tuna in there to process; one boat brought in 90 on Monday. We are getting a few cold smoked by St. Jean's so will see what they say. The gal at Tofino Resort and Marina which is a depot couldn't tell me anything as to time lines from Jean's.

Yes everything is the same except the can sealer. it makes it a little more time consuming, but won't break when you drop it. There are some tricks to it that are not mentioned by "All American". Years ago I had the privilege of learning the right methods of canning by a couple old-timers that wanted to pass down knowledge and experience. IMG_0279.jpeg

Yes everything is the same except the can sealer. it makes it a little more time consuming, but won't break when you drop it. There are some tricks to it that are not mentioned by "All American". Years ago I had the privilege of learning the right methods of canning by a couple old-timers that wanted to pass down knowledge and experience. View attachment 84608
Very cool

Back