SOOKE REPORTS spring/summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some bloody good September Spring fishing today!

They were in small pockets in tight and out at the 350 mark off the Head. Saw a good snap at NoBrian and Sammyslabber tagged a few West of the Trap. Quite a few guys with fish over 20 at the dock. Nice to see...

We covered lots of ground...Had a reel freightliner on for 30 seconds, the kinda fish that shakes the **** outta the rigger, rod tip burried in the water... big headshakes, ran straight down like a big Harrison Fish. 117 feet was it for me today. Reminds me why I fish, what a drennie rush that was.

www.tailspincharters.com

Nice work Tailspin to bad that one didn't stick. Hoping for one of those tanks tomorrow then its time to go hunting. Thanks for the report.

Sorry Smiley, just got to the computer now. Yeah, it was a grind yesterday. We did scrape off a 12 lbs white spring, one nice unclipped coho which stayed in of course and one more smaller spring that released it self near the boat. Seems I should have waited until today but got stuck with hockey parenting this weekend. Good luck to all.

My crew didnt do too bad today a 21 and a 20 lb spring and a few smaller ones we threw back man what a beauty of day too. ticket for me was 20 ft from the bottom no matter what depth I was at.
Out again tommorow looks lie its going to rain on us.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

yes englishman took a hot tip from my bud @ trotac fished the 200ft ledge where it drops off hit 4 landed 3 all @ or near 100ft on the rigger no bait fishing for just plastic & metal for this cowboy one darker(husband) the other was the wife both high teens both white marbles the other 8lbs. feeder we shook off .the 4th. junior jumped the "q" and was punished loosing it off the back( that'll teach him)appeared to be in the low 20's .the coho are also starting to show in the 550 ft. range decent action down deep 3 hooked nose & 1;10 lb hatchery biggest northeren was in the mid teens. in the short yes u can learn a lot from the guides but it will feel a lot better if u do yourself ;) it"ll click soon keep working @ it Sammy

Fished from 2-7pm with Addicted and a friend. 1 hit 1 fish at Muir in the first 20mins. Saw nothing else caught, water was very nice. Betsy, purple chrome, 69ft.
Hey Profisher were you dialed in again today....Report?

No big springs but kept two nice Feeders and a Sockeye. Also released an 8, 12, and 16 lb unclipped Coho. Got the Sockeye off the Sheringham Lighthouse at 92 feet. It was a triple header with the 12 lb Coho and another fish that got off.

Thx R.S Craven,
For the tips on the downrigger balls, and where to purchase them. I have the electric riggers so should be able to handle the heavier weights. That may be one of the areas I have already been doing wrong. I have been using 10lb balls so perhaps when trolling against the current I am planing up too far; it is definitely noticeable, unless we go slow enough that we drift backwards, which has also happened a lot!!

Thx Sammyslabber,
Yes, I will keep trying myself as well. Thx for encouragement, although I have a feeling I am a long, long way from posting a description like your latest one. That amount of action is amazing!! I have tried “metal and plastic” myself too of course but the challenge is the mathematical permutations. For example if one has 10 coloured flashers and 10 different plastics that is 100 combinations to try! Add in two different leader lengths and the permutations are up to 200. Should keep me busy for a long time…..LOL

Nice work boys! I got a slow week so love to get deweyed and bang on a few!

Good weekend for fishing out at otter! On friday we were able to get a 27 lb white and a 16 as well as a feeder spring. Saturday went to the same spot and got another 4 a little smaller tho most in the teens and out again today and got another 4 but all feeders. So hopefully a good sign for winter fishing.

No big white slabs for us today but there were a few feeders around up to 10lbs. Anywhere from 65ft to 150ft on the downrigger at the bluffs and Otter. Few coho around too, one nice one around 15, wild of course, great fight it was on the top stacked rod with no flasher just a spoon (watermelon). Those single hooks are sure nice to flip off with the gaff. The little man got to play a few fish today so that was fun to watch.

Lots of feeders out west.....25lb whitey and 10lb'er made it into the white box. Life's good!

Steelhead on my mind 24/7

Finally managed to get a Coho that was actually fully clipped. A nice 12 or 13 lber off of Possession. We also ran into some feeders on the outside of Secretary and kept an 8lb spring that was also clipped. My thanks to all the great guys who volunteer countless hours at the hatcheries. Back to work tomorrow.

Was out at the Trap on Sunday and had a great day.... got soaked but also picked up a 22.5 lb white spring. Couple of good looking Coho but had to release them.Fishing in about 120 to 140 feet of water with the rigger at 90 feet. Stayed in close most of the time, had a big Sea Lion follow us for a while but didn't seem bother us much and he was gone by the time we caught the spring at about 10:30. The Spring stripped me of a lot of line and then when he did come in he was right under the boat, was worried about him coming up into the motor but just before he got to the surface we swung the boat around and he was in the net on the first try.... the new net payed for itself the first time out and I'm glad I bought it. 6 foot handle and big enough netting to hold a monster... everyone needs a net this big. It didn't matter if we caught a fish it was just nice to be out in the boat with good friends and like Wolf said.... its priceless!!!

On a different note: I bought a new green flasher that I have been fishing with for the last 3 trips and on this trip out I found out that no matter what speed we went at the flasher would not spin.... Put out an old gold betsy and it would spin no problem.... has anyone else had new flashers that don't spin???

IMG_0957-1-1.jpg
And remember....Keep your tip up!!!
fish.gif

quote:has anyone else had new flashers that don't spin???

Yep I usually give them to my buddies especially addicted LOL LOL LOL

Got one today a 25 lber and was it EVER dark was oof of possesion normal depths

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back