SOOKE REPORTS spring/summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I can hear that thing crying to be cracked from here....
Get on it.... the time is allways:D

Get 'er done :D

quote:Originally posted by Rockfish

Could be worse, I could be married to his x. :D

Oh my :D

I cant believe i left booze on it well save it for your first chinook over 40 or a 75 lb halibut both have been done on her. Glad shes working out for you and im happy to see it accually being used alot,

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Yup Wolf, it was in the chart/booklet compartment in front of the pilots seat, a nice find. :)

Got out again today for a few hours midday. Got one feeder teenager and lost a couple of others we did not see, but given the location and depth, one would assume they were feeder springs. The usual, go out, go deep.

Little slower out there then last week but was able to find a 20 pound white and a 10 pound chum. Also threw back about 3 feeder springs to grow a little more.

If you guys have halibut trips planned do them soon, an announcement is likely coming.

Just as a counter point to the continued postings by the experts of successful trips, I went out again yesterday (18th) and caught zip once again (7 trips now without a single Chinook or Coho – sockeye remain my only fish caught this year). This time I did not see anyone with any fish (even feeders) when we came in at Cheanuh either so I guess I was not the only one with nada on this occasion. Remains an inscrutable mystery where the experts are finding feeders already, since no one I saw had anything.
Really nice and flat calm out there yesterday though and no rain, so still nice to get out.

Took a buddy out today with the idea of trying to find a coho or two this morning.... Whales were out in the straight at about the 600ft mark... Decided to give those feeders that Rock has been talking about off the bluffs... Didn't take long to get our 4... 3 whites between 14 and 17 and a red at 12lbs... 120ft on chovie was the magic.

Took a buddy out today with the idea of trying to find a coho or two this morning.... Whales were out in the straight at about the 600ft mark... Decided to give those feeders that Rock has been talking about off the bluffs... Didn't take long to get our 4... 3 whites between 14 and 17 and a red at 12lbs... 120ft on chovie was the magic.

English it appears your not doing something right ...
As per addicted's report there is a lot of fish still out there to catch.
Once you get completlly frustrated call me we can work something out.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

English it appears your not doing something right ...
As per addicted's report there is a lot of fish still out there to catch.
Once you get completlly frustrated call me we can work something out.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

you know what they say R.C & eng. man it's all about the basics Location ,Location. Read the report before wolfies in there lies your answer and as craven would say keep it close to the bottom.Attach a rubber snubber between the hook on your rigger wire & the weight,this will help stop the cable from freying.It is important to stir up the sand etc. every so often to attract the fish.hope this helps Sammy

you know what they say R.C & eng. man it's all about the basics Location ,Location. Read the report before wolfies in there lies your answer and as craven would say keep it close to the bottom.Attach a rubber snubber between the hook on your rigger wire & the weight,this will help stop the cable from freying.It is important to stir up the sand etc. every so often to attract the fish.hope this helps Sammy

Hey Englishman, depends where you are fishing for those feeders.
Try Whirl bay right on the bottom, you got a good tip about bouncing the bottom.
I use a needle fish hootchie for winter springs (black ),there is also one that is clear except for a single black stripe on it.That works also.
Green or red hot spot flasher.
Also I use small herring, but its a pain in the butt winding the gear up after every hit.
Be on the bottom or just off, and you will get them.
You'll get it don't worry.
Dan.

Hey Englishman, depends where you are fishing for those feeders.
Try Whirl bay right on the bottom, you got a good tip about bouncing the bottom.
I use a needle fish hootchie for winter springs (black ),there is also one that is clear except for a single black stripe on it.That works also.
Green or red hot spot flasher.
Also I use small herring, but its a pain in the butt winding the gear up after every hit.
Be on the bottom or just off, and you will get them.
You'll get it don't worry.
Dan.

Oh yeah forgot to add. I bought one of those TROUT baitraix mini strip deals. The tiny ones.
Take and tie a # 2 rhys davis treble on, and set the eye of the hook even with the tip of the tail. Hook position is critical.
Worked well in Barclay Sound.......
Dan

Oh yeah forgot to add. I bought one of those TROUT baitraix mini strip deals. The tiny ones.
Take and tie a # 2 rhys davis treble on, and set the eye of the hook even with the tip of the tail. Hook position is critical.
Dan

quote:Originally posted by danthewire

Dan

Hey Dan, what color strip did you get?
and just to confirm, you set the treble to be slightly behind the end of the strip? i guess that would mean the hook is not attached to the strip at all.

thanks.
dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back