Scotty swivel mount repair

Slabbedout

Has anyone tried to repair a stripped Scotty swivel mount ? I have an older one and for some reason it only locks in at one position, like all the other positions are stripped.

I guess they where not really made to have heavy prawn pullers put on them.

They are pretty simple, the plastic tabs inside can get dicked pretty fast if you put too much side pressure or put haulers on them. Take it apart see whats living in there

Has anyone tried to repair a stripped Scotty swivel mount ? I have an older one and for some reason it only locks in at one position, like all the other positions are stripped.

Are you still pulling prawns? I put a tilt pin part hard mounted to a base plate. The non Scotty prawn puller will sit on it and not need the pin and detent system. As Ship suggests, flip your part over and see how mangled the holes get.

I had the same issue last year , took it directly to Scotty and they handed me a new one no charge.

Good to know about Scotty going good on warranty, they are awesome. I had a look and a few of the holes are mangled, but the major issue was a small piece of plastic jamming the tab in the partially open position. I cleared the plastic jam and may swap the damaged swivel base to the opposite side of the boat until I can take it too Scotty.

I am not prawning right now, just getting everything ready for the 1st. I like having the ability to turn the puller in while traveling or at angles other than 90 when pulling into the wind

I bought a new top for my swivel mount from Harbour Chandler. They list them on their website. I believe it was $18.00

You need to replace it
so what ive been doing with the brand new ones I put a piece of SS bolt piece in where they always break besides where the pin sits , I think its a 5/16 bolt I zip zaw it its only about 1/2 deep maybe (measure the depth) and then I expoxy that SS piece in place. beside where the pin always sits. its just for renforcement. been doing this for about 10 years now really saves on the brackets. I also put a little dap of grease on the inside puck to make them a lil smoother for turning.

Hope that help
Good luck Wolf

You need to replace it
so what ive been doing with the brand new ones I put a piece of SS bolt piece in where they always break besides where the pin sits , I think its a 5/16 bolt I zip zaw it its only about 1/2 deep maybe (measure the depth) and then I expoxy that SS piece in place. beside where the pin always sits. its just for renforcement. been doing this for about 10 years now really saves on the brackets. I also put a little dap of grease on the inside puck to make them a lil smoother for turning.

Hope that help
Good luck Wolf
That’s a good tip. Liquid aluminum or something similar would probably work too.

You need to replace it

Hope that help
Good luck Wolf

Good idea, so basically just reinforce the next hole or holes beside the positions it would regularly be in.

Thanks.

The plan is to use it on the opposite side until I can make it out to Scotty and hopefully just get it swapped out. Unfortunately the original digital counter on one of riggers finally gave up the ghost.

Good idea, so basically just reinforce the next hole or holes beside the positions it would regularly be in.

Thanks.
YES you dont use that spot anyways as the rigger would be on a goofy angle

C8C4EEB4-50C4-401B-922D-2EAF13F57140.jpeg

This is the cause of your swivel base problems - Scotty has investigated why the pin slots are breaking and determined that the new mould for this centre puck wasn't thick enough thereby allowing the base to tilt just enough that the pin did not fully engage. When you tag the bottom with your cannon ball, the pressure created swings the boom causing the pin to slip between the locking holes damaging the plate. If you go to Scotty they can get you replacement pucks. Problem solved.

I almost say the hell with the variable positions, I'd be fine with a pin. Lovk ot forward back or out. Or where ever in between. I'm always crushing those things

I almost say the hell with the variable positions, I'd be fine with a pin. Lovk ot forward back or out. Or where ever in between. I'm always crushing those things
Or switch to the NJORD mounts, now those are sexy, maybe next year for me. Full ultra deck layout and NJORD mounting package. Now how to sneak that past the Admiral is the question.

Oh yah and replace the 7” for a 9” head unit at the rear helm 😬 😬

Or switch to the NJORD mounts, now those are sexy, maybe next year for me. Full ultra deck layout and NJORD mounting package. Now how to sneak that past the Admiral is the question.

Oh yah and replace the 7” for a 9” head unit at the rear helm 😬 😬
What is NJORD mounts? Me no understand.

What is NJORD mounts? Me no understand.
Bring your cheque book

YES way to expensive ,ill support local but some on here are attracted to shiny new **** like crows ,

Yup those are a bit outside my bling price tolerance - they sure look sweet tho. For now, I will try replacing the inner pucks and hopefully that solves most of the issues. Scotty has always come to the party to improve upon their products.

Back