Swivel mount

On my Scotty's I just replaced the thumb screws with slot button head cap screws and damaged the slot.
That’s what I’d do. Allen head bolts that sit flush on the plate and JB weld on top of them maybe. Or even like you did just damage them

If you make it too hard to get off, an 18v cordless grinder will make short work of removing whatever you are trying to protect and destroy your boat. It’s best to not leave shiny objects in sight

If you make it too hard to get off, an 18v cordless grinder will make short work of removing whatever you are trying to protect and destroy your boat. It’s best to not leave shiny objects in sight
All depends on where. A monitored marina vs a driveway is a huge difference. The deterrents in a marina seem to be enough. Leave it unlocked for easy taking, not so much anymore.

All depends on where. A monitored marina vs a driveway is a huge difference. The deterrents in a marina seem to be enough. Leave it unlocked for easy taking, not so much anymore.
the gates maybe but not the slips ..... sometimes it comes from the water ???????? no locks out there

the gates maybe but not the slips ..... sometimes it comes from the water ???????? no locks out there
Yes, but with regular patrols and cameras they'll go for the easy stuff first. No locks are 100% safe but I guarantee you someone would be on you quick if you whipped out a grinder at 2 AM at our marina. Even slowing them down by a minute can be enough for them to avoid it.

Back