Swivel mount

Want to replace my Scotty swivel mount for my 2106B HP. Has anybody tried out Njord swivel mount or Cisco fishing systems mounts. They both are aluminum swivels just wondering if one is better than the other.

Want to replace my Scotty swivel mount for my 2106B HP. Has anybody tried out Njord swivel mount or Cisco fishing systems mounts. They both are aluminum swivels just wondering if one is better than the other.
I m looking at the Njord myself. I’m waiting to see what security device they come up with. (The bolts that hold the down).

Is there any advantage to the aluminum bases do you think boys. I’ve been eyeing them up as well. They certainly look cool but then me thinks,, just something else to polish lol. Scotty bases and plastics are pretty low maintenance.

And hola pricey lol

Yes they are pricey, hopefully they don't break down like the top plates or swivel on the scotty.
Yah I guess hey, you guys that keep your boats out all summer have issues with the plastics don’t you. My boat is a shop queen so I don’t see the issues some do.

But I did just show those to the Admiral and she said. “ oh those look nice, they would look nice on your boat” so to me thats basically a go ahead don’t you think.

Yes they are pricey, hopefully they don't break down like the top plates or swivel on the scotty.
For the one I break every 70-100 days fishing, it doesn't bother replacing them from time to time. For $100, I'd say they offer pretty good value relative to many marine pieces. I do leave mine out for extended periods... $700 or so bucks is a lot of Scotty mounts.

think you need to learn to set the brakes on your scotty's only person i know who's broken a top mount is running extened arm's so the leverage is a lot more when one gets hung up try backing up and pulling from the other way rather than ripping the downrigger off the mount... and what pound ball's you running 15/18/20's??????

I do make some stainless ones but after seeing the Njord ones, I don’t think I’ll be making anymore. Those things are sexy and require no welding, unlike mine. If I ever have some extra dough laying around, I’d be tempted to pick up a set of those.

I do make some stainless ones but after seeing the Njord ones, I don’t think I’ll be making anymore. Those things are sexy and require no welding, unlike mine. If I ever have some extra dough laying around, I’d be tempted to pick up a set of those.
Do they come with locks?

think you need to learn to set the brakes on your scotty's only person i know who's broken a top mount is running extened arm's so the leverage is a lot more when one gets hung up try backing up and pulling from the other way rather than ripping the downrigger off the mount... and what pound ball's you running 15/18/20's??????
I have the break set properly. Fishing for winter springs your bouncing off the bottom, and at time you get hung up. I’m using 18 lb cannonballs.

If it ain't broke - break it and blame it on the manufacturer! ;)
My boat is stored indoor for most of the year except for June-September. I keep inspecting the base and swivel mounts regularly, same thing for the plugs and outlets, braid lines, knots, tuna cords, etc. So far, I've only had to replace one swivel mount for a small crack. As someone mentioned, $500+Tax is a lot of Scotty mounts...

Back