Scotty security swivel mount bolts set of 10 $100

wildthing

So like most i tend to leave my riggers set up on the boat dont have the time to mount and take down each time i leave the dock so sourced a few sets of Stainless bolts that will be tamper proof for the swivel mounts and will soon do one for the long cross mounting bolt
set of 10 bolts with security bit's and what shipping cost....., but hope to keep that down with regular Canada mail postage .....

added benefit of these is there no silly locks rattling around and going rusty and possible lines getting caught or snagged up ... its not going to stop a determined fucwit but may make them look else where as there going to need tools to remove...

ideal if your going to do a trip away and have a loaded up boat ....

Last edited:
I've used allen head stainless bolts to try and make it harder for the casual thief that doesn't carry around allen wrenches.Just makes them look for an easier target.I'm interested in your solution too.

So like most i tend to leave my riggers set up on the boat dont have the time to mount and take down each time i leave the dock so sourced a few sets of Stainless bolts that will be tamper proof for the swivel mounts and will soon do one for the long mounting bolt for the rigger its self ... So only for the swivel base at moment
set of 8 bolts with security bit $40 and what shipping cost....., but hope to keep that down with regular Canada mail postage .....

added benefit of these is there no silly locks rattling around and going rusty and possible lines getting caught or snagged up ... its not going to stop a determined fucwit but may make them look else where as there going to need tools to remove...
Very interested, Njord wants 300$ for set of 10 bolts. Nice stuff but almost seems insulting. more info please.

I've used allen head stainless bolts to try and make it harder for the casual thief that doesn't carry around allen wrenches.Just makes them look for an easier target.I'm interested in your solution tootoo
Same here, kind of. I used slot heads that are so wide you'd need a massive screw driver. And then I punched the heads to make it even harder. Not impenetrable but makes them go to the next one. And yes, still interested in these.

tamper proof torx or allen hex head with pin so you need a special bit to install or remove ...........pic is for a reference only
bolt.jpg

LEXIVON Tamper Proof Torx Bit Set, Premium S2 Alloy Steel | 13-Piece Security Star Bits, T4 - T40 | Precision CNC Machined (LX-301)​

-36% $12.89$12.89
List Price: $19.99$19.99
Size : Tamper Proof Bits
  • E-Torx + Adapters
  • Tamper Proof Bit Socket
  • Tamper Proof Bits
BrandLEXIVON
Item dimensions L x W x H7.6 x 2.5 x 1.5 Centimetres
SizeTamper Proof Bits
MaterialS2 Steel
Drive systemTorx
Finish typePhosphate, Steel
Number of pieces13

About this item​

• TAMPER RESISTANT TORX SET: This set includes 13-piece 1/4-inch shank and stored in a convenient organizer sleeve with the sizes printed in yellow for fast recognition
  • DURABLE - Industrial grade S2 alloy steel bits, hardened to reduce wear-outs. Precision CNC-Machined ensures a smooth fit and protection for both your bit ends as well as your fasteners.
  • LONGEVITY - Complete rust and corrosion resistance with the active Manganese Phosphate treatment for enhanced durability under any circumstances.
  • COMFORTABLE - Insert smoothly with precision chamfer bit ends. Sizes are stamped on bits and yellow-printed on storage organizer for faster recognition.
  • 100% RISK-FREE – Meet & Exceeds ANSI (The American National Standard Institute) and backed by our Lifetime Limited Warranty for your complete peace of mind.
  • b
    71da3uT4CdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Those bolts are better than the scotty wingnuts but I think Ill need the puzzle locks or some equivalent to leave the riggers on while parked in the yard.

Those bolts are better than the scotty wingnuts but I think Ill need the puzzle locks or some equivalent to leave the riggers on while parked in the yard.
I wouldn't be leaving anything out, if it wasn't in the marina with security and a locked gate. Very few drug addicts have the warewithal to access marinas via water.

How’s dry camp for security?
I don't love it. They've had guys climb the fence at the back, plus anyone can just drive around in there at all hours of the night. I heard they've found guys sleeping in boats in the service area. But that happened to mine one year while in the slip right next to the Coast Guard, so who knows.

We’re you able to find 1-1/8” long ones? I found that 1-1/4 bottomed out on the gel coat but 1” wasn’t much thread engagement

just an update will be doing the main long bolt as well ... but have to figure out a costing on it ....

just an update will be doing the main long bolt as well ... but have to figure out a costing on it ....
That will be a game changer. Wish I lived on a cull de sack, trying to get our municipality to put in speed bumps to lower the number of commercial vehicles and commuters on our street. Wouldn't keep them on with that solution for more than one night to keep the land otters from trying to rip them off, but in transit and overnight other places Id feel more comfortable with my Hp’s sitting there. Thanks for looking for a solution

OK have a few sets made up so a complete set for two riggers
8 pedestal bolts and the 2 long cross bolts with supplied security bits

$100 plus shipping cost .....

pm me for orders so not to clutter the thread up many thanksDR bolts.JPG

Last edited:
We’re you able to find 1-1/8” long ones? I found that 1-1/4 bottomed out on the gel coat but 1” wasn’t much thread engagement
you can put a split or flat washer on...... the ones i have are just over the 1-1/8 ......

Back