Renfrew finally turned on?

Tsquared

Heard today that Renfrew spring fishing has finally turned on--awesome at Camper and Logan. Anybody fish there this weekend?

I fished Renfrew Sept 2-4. Loaded the boat. Final take for 3 guys was 11 springs 13-20lbs, 9 Halibut 15-20lbs, 2 Lingcod & 2 Coho. Got 6 of the springs by Logan on Monday morning before 10AM.

Tally Ho

Just a note from the marina on the weekend. We had a 49.6, 47.5,42.4, 41.3 and a 40.labour day derby 252 fish weighed in .Top 12 over 30#

Forget the fishing ya old kook.....how's the surf? :D

A Buddy just came back from 4 days off the Nitnat narrows and was lucky to hit even one fish a day, 0 coho for four days. 6 springs total weigh in at there campsite derby?

That is really m***ed up, Chrome bright Ho's should be stacked up by now with this low skywater.

Fished Renfrew the 6th through the 9th mainly between the Rock Pile and Logan.

Wednesday one 15.5 marbled in the boat from Rockpile, one lost. Thursday zippo, zero nada, not a hit and threw everything in the box at them. Friday a 15.4 and a 24 landed from Logan, two lost both to broken new 30lb leader and not at the knot. Saturday, two lost, one at Camper one at Logan, landed one 16 spring, a 9.4 Sockeye that acted like a coho, jumped twice, both at Logan. Lot's of shakers on Saturday and one 39cm hatchery coho released.

All on anchovie, various flashers. 32' to 47' generally in 65-100' of water.

Thought we'd done poorly until we talked to a lot of other boats.

One good thing about Renfrew is you can always load the boat with black "bass" and ling.

Just off the phone with my brother who's in Renny. They fished camper and logan for several hours today with no luck, but they had 1 20 lber yesterday. When they tired of spring fishing they went out to 600' depth after coho and started getting them from 275 out. They did a big arc out and east back to the bay, keeping 6 nice hatchery fish10-12 lbs, releasing 3 wild. The coho are there but hardly anyone's going out deep for them yet. We're going up this weekend.
T2

Hey TSquared going up there tomorrow targeting the coho will be home late Thursday or early Friday will post how , what and where.

AL

what do you mean big september springs 40+ does this happen every year or is this just wishful thinking?

having travelled to both destinations, i would say Renfrew
would be your best bet. at worst, if there are no springs
there will be coho hanging outside...

Thanks AC hope you have good luck.
Wetbeaver-biggest fish of the year are often taken in the Sooke-Renny area in September. The numbers of fish go down but sometimes the poundage goes up!
T2

Thanks for that, the words biggest fish of the year made my mind up instantly, renny it is.Hows the road? had a buddy up there last week and said the road is not that bad, but he is a logger so his definition of bad is totally different than mine, so any info on the road wuold help in desiding which boat to take. Also i know how to get to the camper and logan but were is the rock pile that i hear bish talking about? And i would imagine that anchovies are the bait of choice or do you use hearring around there?What kind of bearing do you take to go after the coho, or do you just head out to 275-600 feet?

Rock pile is the first major structure after rounding
owen point... long before you get to Camper
i'd fish anchovie with a7-8' leader

the road has been pretty good all year.you can alwways take the paved road if your woried about the gravel.

Wetbeaver so if the road is bad we take my boat.Your so kind, butt hole! Dont forget to order a belt in and it was the new one I just got a month ago so work somthing out for me .

Back