Halibut fishing port renfrew

S-357

School me on fishing Halibut off renfrew please?? When do they come in close to the coast like off camper, I'm told near March? Do you Anchor for them or drift ? Any info would be great and appreciated I'd like to get the kids out tohis year for Halibut

March is probably a good starting time for fishing closer to the beach. You can get them drifting or even slow trolling but anchoring in my opinion would be best. These fish are travelers so they will be more on the move and better chance of bringing them to you...imo There isn't any real structure along there and the slope is gradual. Pick a fishy looking spot anywhere from Botanical to Walbran in 90' to 125' of water and if they are there you will know. I haven't done much fishing for them in the spring in a while so others might have better ideas......

School me on fishing Halibut off renfrew please?? When do they come in close to the coast like off camper, I'm told near March? Do you Anchor for them or drift ? Any info would be great and appreciated I'd like to get the kids out tohis year for Halibut
Good question. I'm looking forward to some replies. I've never fished there but would like too.

Biggest halibut I’ve caught to date was just off the edge of the bay on the outside of the big rocks north side of Cerantes rock. Check regs close because that area may not be open to fishing anymore? Most of the halibut I’ve caught at port Renfrew have been trolled up on a plug with some kind of scent. I’m no pro so take that for what it’s worth

Last edited:
Back