Prince Rupert Honey Holes!!!!!

Kris

Hey there,...I know that not alot of guides like to share their "good Spots" with the rest of the world. But I have to ask,..do any of you know of any really good spots to go up there? My dad, and brothers make an annual trip up there every year, and are finally looking for some advice!! When we went last September the weather sucked, and we kept fishing...the Salmon didn't bit and we kept fishing. We finally went to Kitimat and caught some dungees, and a yellow eye...Need some honest advice guys...hope you can help me out...Kris

If you are looking for hali,go to work channel,I have caught lots there.

Oh Good. I was scrambling around for the delete button in case that seemed too inapropriate. On second thought you'd probably have to be over 50 :D

I used to go to a place called Haggard cove in Barclay sound
It was a bring your own boat deal
You can find them on the net

Thanks NG...We have only made it as far as Big Bay...I hear there are a couple of camp grounds, and a road up there as well..Is that true??

Buy a book...learn to read a map...even if you pointed him in the right direction...what guarantees he'll catch anything.[^] GREEN...so very GREEN

quote:and are finally looking for some advice

Hire a guide for the first day and slay fish out of your own boat the remainder for the trip.

Amazing how much you can learn from a good guide if you pay attention and ask a lot of questions.

Who knows a GOOD GUIDE up in Rupert??? We know the area alright up there, and have been out with a guide a fair bit in Kitimat, but it seems like Rupert just has so much more to offer than Kitimat.

Don't worry guys,...If you are from there I won't take all the fish from your "spiecial Spot"...I like to release most of what we catch anyway...Only keep what we will eat on the trip anyway..

What about for crabbing up there? Any good spots you guys know of??

Kris

There used to be lots of crabs in the harbour right out in front of Prince Rupert. A friend of mine got plenty from a local gal but they weren't dungeness.

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

quote:and are finally looking for some advice

Hire a guide for the first day and slay fish out of your own boat the remainder for the trip.

Amazing how much you can learn from a good guide if you pay attention and ask a lot of questions.

x2! I went out with a friend that hired a guide near our house. I learned more in 6 hours than i would in weeks by myself. If you chat it up they will share tons of info

There used to be lots of crabs in the harbour right out in front of Prince Rupert. A friend of mine got plenty from a local gal but they weren't dungeness.

nope never fished near there. I was just saying that no matter where you are a local guide can show you knowledge that would be impossible to learn in one trip.

Kris
Most people do not like to give up their favourite spots,but like they say hang around the dock and talk to people as they come in, they might not tell you exactly but you will get the general area and then spend some time with your charts.
Halis like areas with some protection reefs canyons etc and they like areas with a good tide flow.

Hello Kris, I fish prince rupert every year June, Aug.the best advise that I can give you is that which has already been given to you. Hire a guide for a day it will be more than worth it you will catch more fish and will learn a lot. Follow the boats out to the general areas. have a decent sonar, charts or gps and look for structure.Nothing comes easy in life but if you put some effort into the above you will have success, remember all of us had to pay our dues.most fishermen will give you general directions, but honey holes are a lot of effort to find so don't be surprised if you do not get any answers.

Back