Plastic bead to protect rod tip eye

I use red beads... I tell my clients to reel to 12 inches from the bead gives them a reference point to stop before they
bust the rod...

I've had that happen. The ceramic eye got poked right out of the rod tip by the barrel swivel that was on the end of the line. I used to wind the line up snug for transportation doing that.

Not any more. Ever.

Now I just unclip the flasher then wind the line one turn around the rod a few eyelets down and snug it with a very simple hitch knot which is easy to undo next time.

Haven't had any problems since.

I use a bead, red or glow bead but mostly to mark where or how far back my spoon is compared to my dummy flasher

I had some hard yellow beads that were chewing up the line. Went back to the olde red round ones and no problems since

I use the same bullet head as Derby but flip it around so that the flat side goes against the rod tip. Hopefully if it gets reeled to tight the flat side won't pop the ceramic portion of the rod tip.

I use the same bullet head as Derby but flip it around so that the flat side goes against the rod tip. Hopefully if it gets reeled to tight the flat side won't pop the ceramic portion of the rod tip.
Doesn't that cause a weird drag issue with the flat side facing forward?

haven't noticed anything yet especially if I'm running a flasher. I may turn one around and do a side by side test the next time out. Gene

Back