Pinks

They showed up in my local Sobeys today,, $32.50 lol. I was standing there looking at them shaking my head and the butcher comes up to me, I says holy smokes man,, $32.50 for a 4# Pink. He says yah but look, you buy one you get one free lol. I says that's alright I'll be heading out west in 3 weeks I'll fill the cooler with them if I want. Pale soft as mush Pinks for $15 a piece I'll pass. Not that I mind Pinks that much I usually keep a few when I come out, they're decent on the grill but not the ones I was looking at today.

I actually don't mind that, of course I fish for my own though. Means the commercial guys can still make a living and be dragging less fish out of the water.

I may be selfish, but screw it, go out and catch your own or eat pork.

I actually don't mind that, of course I fish for my own though. Means the commercial guys can still make a living and be dragging less fish out of the water.

I may be selfish, but screw it, go out and catch your own or eat pork.
That's pretty much the way I look at it. I can't go to the store and buy moose meat why should people be able to go buy wild salmon.

If people want fish let them buy their steroided up penned fish leave the wild for the people that get it themselves.

That's pretty much the way I look at it. I can't go to the store and buy moose meat why should people be able to go buy wild salmon.

If people want fish let them buy their steroided up penned fish leave the wild for the people that get it themselves.

That is how I look at it as well! I think we may not be in a mess if we didn't commercial fish for fish. They clearly aren't as sustainable as cows, chickens, pork, etc.. I think that fishing should be exactly like hunting. If you want deer, moose, or salmon, you should get out and spend the hours trying to find them. Not just rely on a net that is pulled all the way across the Fraser to scoop up everything in its path.

Back