Nootka Report

Nice fish!!! 3 more sleeps and I will be there looking for a beauty like that. [:P] I will be up there from Thursday to Tuesday in the Autumn Ty-ee along with two other boats and 8 other hardcore fishers. Holmes I look forward to your reports everytime I log on. I plan on bringing the crew by for lunch / dinner and bev's on our trip. Really want to check out the "creamcicle" . Can that Kelly pilcher be purchased in Gold River anywhere? Or possibly at Critter?

Autumn Ty-ee

Holmes

Linzy and I had a great time at critter cove the last four days.
I hated to come home to the regular everyday meals, the pot roast last night was out of the world!!!
The fishing was dam good while we were there and we did see a few of the 40 pounders. We didn't do that good but we did come home with some nice fish...

Sangstercraft, I have been fishing up there a few years and I am no pro but that happens, I have had it happen to me and its part of the game . Can you say you have never run over someone's line before. I am not trying to start anything don't get me wrong, Peace

Holmes, your crew was the best, Candice was great. She always has a smile on her face and gets to know the people that are staying there, I hope you can get her back next year.

I also want to thank the rest of the office staff, they made our stay so pleasurable. When ever you needed something they were there to help.

So are you up to a 5 dollar bet on the Seahawks/Bears game payable next summer?

Thanks for a great trip
This might be my first post but I have been following this board for a few years.

Mike :)

51 caught by the business developement manager of Moutcha?
WOW, what an incentive to be there!

Hey thanks to everyone, with all the info posted here there's no learning curve. Any idiot like myself can wander out there and have a great time.

3 folks with three days of fishing 2 at Bajo (red bouy) and 1 wandering around the bottom. All salmon with flashers and spoons (40-50 inches back) or flashers and anchovies in pro troll bait head (8 feet leader here).

7 kings (3 30ish), 9 hatchery coho (many wild released), 5 Ling, 6 yelloweye.

Came in to freeze fish and get all cleaned up and we are headed back out today.

emailIMGP4249.JPG

emailIMGP4261.JPG

emailIMGP4251.JPG

emailIMGP4256.JPG

[img=left]http://gallery.bateau2.com/albums/userpics/12747/thumb_xDSC01379.JPG[/img=left]

The ling was 50.

[img=left]http://gallery.bateau2.com/albums/userpics/12747/thumb_xDSC01379.JPG[/img=left]

Stayed over at Moutcha Bay this last weekend. It has to be one of the prettiest places we had ever seen. James and Bonnie at the camp were just absolutely superb hosts and we had a whale of a time. Took some friends from Florida fishing, hoping we could hook him up with a salmon.

It ended up being a learning experience for all of us, since we had way more break-offs than fish boated. Anyway - we did manage a few - and nothing near as big as Kathy's. MAN! What a monster. It was all over the radio that day and the next one. Everybody wanted to know where the event occurred.

We caught ours trolling around the corner from the resort and one at Hoiss Point. It was an all-round fun weekend with many memories made. We hope to be back on the weekend of the 21st for a few days. This time we will launch the boat in Gold River and meet the rest of the party at the camp. Those little mountain dirt roads are no fun with a trailer [xx(]

dscf3977.jpg

dscf3966a.jpg

dscf3971.jpg

dscf3968.jpg

oldpicturedisk4158sf4.jpg

went offshore to the corner today, what a suprise to find a southeast 25 wind. Was really blowin... a smart person would have checked the weather beforehand... Its been so nice lately that I never would have expected that. The boats that stayed out there got their fish, I ducked back into ferrer for some catch and release action since my clients were not prepared for cold weather... my fault for not getting them to take their rain gear along, and I know better. Never go on the westcoast without rain gear/ warm clothes!

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Just got in and what a trip! We caught 8 spring including my wifes 36 and my sons 35. We also got 3 halibut and one clipped coho.The weather was great and lots of swimming for the kids[8D][8D].

Mike

Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Nice pictures ZG. Thanks for sharing.
My cuz just returned from Nootka. He told me it was on fire. They had no problem catching their limits. He fished the inside and came home with 3 tyee and 26. His large hit the scales at 40. His biggest fish to date. GLG

Am heading to Nootka for the long weekend. Is anyone willing to share some numbers for a place to fish halibut and other bottom fish.would love some white meat, and this is my first trip to nootka.usually fish barkley.thanks in advance.

No place I would rather be (FISH ON)

Does anyone know if Gold River Launch got dredged last week? Someone made mention of it on this thread. We are launching there next Thursday and wondering what is minimum tide for launch. Have a 21' explorer.
Thanks.
SR

NewBoat2-1.jpg

sir reel

yes the river is complete, was finished one day ahead of schedule. I have a 21' trophy, and a 4' tide and up is nice.

stay tight to the right

snagger

Still need to worry when passing the seaplane float? I draw 1.8' engines up, about the same engines down, as the keel is lower than my engines. I have clear with 2.8', but was pretty nervous and not sure I would do that again? Tried once lower... and it was not pretty! I still carry the scars from that one! [:I]

Did I mention we had a great trip. Thanks to all here and the Critter Staff. That's a great plcae.

emailIMGP4274.JPG

Has the Gold River fire affected access to Gold River or to Cougar Creek by the old road. Can't find the info I need off the news or internet. I here it's only 3 miles out of town.

Just making plans for the weekend wondering if I should go else where this weekend.

Thanks,

quote:Originally posted by fishassassin123

Has the Gold River fire affected access to Gold River or to Cougar Creek by the old road. Can't find the info I need off the news or internet. I here it's only 3 miles out of town.

Just making plans for the weekend wondering if I should go else where this weekend.

Thanks,

From what I have seen and heard, it is up in the hills away from town. Should not be a problem.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

Back