Nootka Report

Good springs at the reef on this afternoons tide, 5 over 30 from our lodge.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Arrived Friday afternoon for a quick trip to Nootka. Hit a nice 23# at Hoiss Point around 7 pm. He went for a 3 ½ silver prism coyote spoon and purple haze flasher at 60 feet.
Fished at Hoiss Point, Camel Rock, San Carlos and Lighthouse on Saturday but came up empty. We did not go to Bajo/Highway and that must be were they were. We did not see any other boats get any fish. We did see fish at the cleaning station, just not many. We stayed overnight a Tuta and was pleasantly surprised that the docks are under repair. It looks like they are half finished replacing the boards on the docks with new wood. There is a new covered fish cleaning. That will be nice on those rainy days. Dropped in to Critter Cove for fuel and a quick hi to Holems. (Nice to meet you). Did not stay for lunch as we had too much food on the boat and needed to eat it all. Ran back to Gold River in calm seas and pinned her home back the Comox Valley. Not much to report. GLG

Thanks for the report, GLG. Many/Any cohos at those inside locations? Headed there Aug 4th-7th. Can't fish outside.

Tubber – I saw not a one. A lot can change when a new “push” of fish comes in. Next week might be a winner. Heck today might be awesome. There was a lot of bait around so the fish will come. I would not lower my expectations based on my report. Others may report great fishing. I was not at the right place at the right time or my report would be different. Best of luck on your trip, have fun like we did. GLG

Hey GLG, I did the same as you only a day earlier with similar results, lost one nice one on Thursday night, released another that could qualify as a keeper. Fished along Bligh Island, then the Light and the rocks on the outside. Lots of feeders that were very plump and fiesty for their size. Never saw anyone with a screamer on. Never hit a Coho, but they are around. Some fish at the cleaning table for sure. Tubber more fish every day now, it's not quite Maui so stay out of the water though[8D].

Just got back fishin was pretty slow. We put in allot of hours and managed 2 on sat a 21 and a 25, then this mornin hit a 23. Only 3 hits we had all weekend. 2 fish were at the wall and 1 across from cougar creek.

Hey IFL, is the reef you are talking of the Bajo?? I'm here and we are fishing tomorrow. How's the water been off shore?

Jody

[img=left]http://gallery.bateau2.com/albums/userpics/12747/thumb_xDSC01379.JPG[/img=left]

Just returned from Nootka.fished Thursday night, all day Friday and Saturday. Came back with a couple of 20's and a 12. Attempted to make it to Bajo but my crew members became sick [xx(]. Slow weekend unfortunately.

Reel Chaos

we got our limit of springs for the weekend averging about 25 lbs. it happened pretty quick out in front of esperanza. lots of wild and hatchery ho's as well.

Yes it is true a 51 was weighed in. Caught by Kathy our Bus Development Manager and is the largest fish Andrew Rippingale the Guide has ever had a guest catch in 28 years. The lodge will be getting it mounted....

51lbandonlyKathyssecondfish024.jpg

51lbandonlyKathyssecondfish032.jpg

Her Statement

"I think it is womens luck. It was caught at 3 Bay Cove, last night at around 7PM on an incoming tide, just 2 minutes from the lodge. The lodge was abuzz with excitement when we brought this in weighing out at 51 lbs. We had only been out fishing for an hour & a half.

Congratulations to Andrew a great guy and fantastic guide. You got your 30s this year then a 40 now a 50 whats next????

Hint hint Plugs and Spoons.......

Cheers Kevin

Drooling at home but back up tonight to fish for fun......

Cheers Kevin

Nootka Marine Adventures

WHERE THE OCEAN IS OUR PLAYGROUND

Charter Packages or Bring Your Own Boat
www.goldriverfishinglodge.com

Camping/Chalets/Boat Launch/New Marina/Fuel
www.moutchabay.com

Email: h00kedonfishing@hotmail.com

WOW!! Great fish. I'll have to try to find my lucky green fishing dress before my trip. Wonder if it still fits?

very nice fish!!!!!! any anadramous fish that comes in over 50 is a real trophy.

just clicked on the lodge/guide links, WOW

for those sorts of costs, i can do a full 7 days fishing for really big trophy fish in costa rica. hard to believe the pricing on VI!

NICE FISH.
Congrats to the lucky fisherperson.
Wish it could have been me.;)
GLG

We just came back from Nootka. Thanks to Holmes for recommending a blue spoon we soon called 'the slut' cause it attracted every salmon around. We took home one 30lb and a three 10lbs. Seems most guys did better, and we've got a lot to learn. Big swells kept us from the Bajo area, so we fished the Monument, Beano, and across from critter cove (the wall area). So many boats fishing out there, it's crazy. Had to tell some Americans to have some consideration and stop trolling over our lines. Wish I had a slingshot!

Back