Nootka Report

Thanks for the update on that. I actually think we'll just sleep on the boat a couple days at a time and then go back to Gold river every 3rd night or so to refresh, renew and freeze. I was just curious as to where the other place was.

[img=left]http://gallery.bateau2.com/albums/userpics/12747/thumb_xDSC01379.JPG[/img=left]

too bad about tuta, it was a nice place. Typical for the group thats running it though...

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

quote:Originally posted by holmes

here is a 42 caught on a Tomic 574 just across at 3 bay

here are two of many slayed recently by the new Tomic spoon ...the kelly pillcher

also i may add that my new creation called the creamsicle just slayed a 32 29 24 22 20 in about 2 hours...it is a new plug that is a take off on the 576 spoon that my gf came up with a couple years ago...so i guess it does work eh?:D...i guess she will be a busy girl painting up these beauties...there is only one in existence rite now but will be more soon....also ...contrary to what some may say or think....ppl camping at cougar creek or anywhere else for that matter are more than welcome to come on over to critter for breaky lunch or dinner anytime.....we also have fresh made waffle cones with a variety of ice cream....mmmmmm yummmy....tons of fish being caught by the way....woooohoooo....HOLMES*

holmes: Great fish and great photos! [8D]

Can you lay out some of these new spoons and shoot a nice close-up photo? And are they available at the tackle stores yet, or do I have to go and suck up to Catherine for one? :) Tell her I say 'hi'.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

That was a fun trip, at least once a season us guides get together for a blast, Its usually the highlite of my season...

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Holmes, I'll be looking for a creamsicle when I get up to CC on July 30th. Put one away in the freezer for me. Who caught the 42? I assume Three Bay is over at San Carlos somewhere? I have to say I'm impressed with the condition of all those Springs. They almost look like they've been mounted already. Beautiful quality fish.
IFL, can you give us an idea where you were when you caught that fine specimen? Depth/bait/time etc.

Matador

I am most interested in where the big bottom dweller cam from?

Jody

[img=left]http://gallery.bateau2.com/albums/userpics/12747/thumb_xDSC01379.JPG[/img=left]

Is that a barb on that spoon [:p] DFO will be on your butt[:p] J/K the spoons look great to bad im never in the area would you do a mail order? or is anyone from the Sooke/victoria area ever up that way could get me a few?

-Steve

Hey I'm heading out to Nootka Island for Fri/Sat/Sun. Weather permitting, I'll be out at Schoona Cove, on the outside of the island. I've got a number of friends (9!!) that are surfing and camping but I'll be fishing. If you see me in a blue sangstercraft, come say hi.
Just came back from a great trip to Kyuquot Sound, kept a pretty big salmon!
(If I could figure out the pic posting here..)

Will be in the area tomorrow. I will be in a Malibu tyee with a blue top. See you all out there! :)

Reel Chaos

Will be there Friday and Saturday. Look for an old green aluminum boat with a beige top. We will be camping out of Tuta. Must get to Critter for some dinners this time.:D GLG

Pescador, Jay Nelson and his friend caught the 41# spring at 3 bay. He was using a tomic 574 green and white spoon. He has been fishing out of Critter for many years and that's his biggest fish.

Matt Cyr from Nootka Island Lodge caught a 45# two days ago out off the bajo's. There are some nice fish coming in both outside and inside.

We caught a 16# and a 14# Coho a couple of days ago offshore. They were a couple of the ones we kept out of 24 fish.

CF, appreciate your response. I'll give the reef a try next week. I have several 574's so will stick to them as one of my options as well. Caught a few coho's a couple of weeks ago with them but no Springs. I'll have to tweak my set up. I wasn't using a leader and I see on the site here that most people seem to use a leader on their spoons.

Matador

Save some for me. Starting the drive in a few minutes, will be there in a couple of days.

Jody

Back