NITNAT LAKE

• Thread starter Thread starter wetbeaver
  • Start date Start date
today was very slow, 20-30 boats out and 6 fish were taken from 7:30 am to 5:30..i lost a 20# beside the boat literly 30 seconds before we packed up to leave for the day, knot broke :(wouldve been the 6th fish :( small bite around 5..2 fish and mine were taken then. I jigged, almost everysingle ohther boat cut plugged, 1 other boat jigged, and two were casting. pretty dissapointing...and the road wasnt to great

A buddy of mine went up for the first time ever said it was very sad they hooked 2 and that was it even went outside to get those 2 said he saw lots jumping in the lake (old boots) but that was it.

Wolf

can anyone give me an idea of how long of a drive it is to the lake from duncan

it was about 1:30 to get there, but it rained and the road got much worse so it took us 2 hours to get back

I was there yesterday. Road is terrible!!! Lost 1 first thing in the morning on cut plug. Got 1 in the boat at about 2:30 from the narrows on a green/white zinger (yes it bit the hook). Nice silver 30# fish. The road did get much worse for the drive home. Too bad about that fish you lost nedarb. Looked like a nice fish.

Yea I was there when you had the fish on. I was in a 16ft fiberglass runnabout white with orange on top. There was two of us in the boat. We passed rods a few times. I'll be back this saturday for another try.

how long does it take to get to the lake from the yubou side? Would like to know so me and salty can know what time we have to leave in the morning.Hopefully the fish are there,because from what i hear its nuts in the lake when the fish are in.Has anybody been doing well outside the gap? Does anybody fish just anchovy in a teaser head with no flasher, because thats as close to cut plug as i know how to fish.

one of the fish were taken on an anchovie WITH flasher, just normal trolling. Ide be on the road at 5 (if your leaving duncan) or 4:45 for your first trip, and youll be fine

so more like 3:30 from naniamo,Im still debating on wether to go to renfrew or nitnat all i want is a big fish not lots just a big hog. caught too many fish in the teens and twenties this year.This will be my last or one of the last trips of the season. somebody was asking if the big white springs were in at renfrew 40+ is this something that happens every year?

Back