Marked Gas

Read in my boat's owner manual or somewhere, that the mix of gas and ethanol solubilizes the rubber in the seals; hence the gum. Also, read that newer motors have been designed to take it better. I still only use ethanol free gas (read 94 0ctane) in the boat.$$$

The co op in aldergrove has marked gas. I would check Costco in Abbotsford a friend from my daughters ball team got gas yesterday there for 149.9 if you go on gas buddy .ca it shows you the latest prices. I bet you can’t wait til the point opens back up

The co op in aldergrove has marked gas. I would check Costco in Abbotsford a friend from my daughters ball team got gas yesterday there for 149.9 if you go on gas buddy .ca it shows you the latest prices. I bet you can’t wait til the point opens back up
The premium gas at Costco has ethanol in it. I wouldn’t put that in my boat.

Out of curiosity, what’s up with the ethanol content? The owners manual for my Mercury’s says it’s fuel requirements were 87 octane and max 10% ethanol.
I just got off the phone with my friend who is the biggest Mercury dealer on the Island and he said my 150 4 strokes are fine on 87 pump gas with 10% ethanol. Guess I’ll continue packing it to the boat 20 gals at a time and save 40 cents a liter

I just got off the phone with my friend who is the biggest Mercury dealer on the Island and he said my 150 4 strokes are fine on 87 pump gas with 10% ethanol. Guess I’ll continue packing it to the boat 20 gals at a time and save 40 cents a liter
Lol I use to do it with gerry cans too ,10 at the time, just got old real quick, so now I just add the sea foam, works wonders, pulled out the carb on my 1992 Honda kicker this spring and it looked great just a bit of carb clean and back in it went and runs like a champ

I've run Peninsula Co-op marked gas for years and use more than $4500+ per year. I get $.04 back on every liter and a cheque at the end of the year for over $200. Here is what I just pulled from their web site and it show mark gas is 89 octane (mid grade) and no ethanol.
In the 250hp and 300hp Yamahas I've owned, I all ways put in Yamalube fuel conditioner. I was told it's like vitamins for your engine.

Using Peninsula mark gas will save you $.12 per Lt after the rebate and the discount of marked fuel over purchasing none marked mid grade fuel.

Peninsula Co-op we offer the following:

• Regular gasoline – 87 octane; contains 10% ethanol, known as E10.
  • Mid-grade gasoline – 89 octane; contains 5% ethanol, known as E5.
  • Premium gasoline – 91 octane; will not contain ethanol.
  • Marked mid-grade gasoline – 89 octane; will not contain ethanol.
  • Diesel – will not contain ethanol.
Run good quality gas and pay a little more or pay a lot more in the end for using cheap gas when your engine has problems.

I've run Peninsula Co-op marked gas for years and use more than $4500+ per year. I get $.04 back on every liter and a cheque at the end of the year for over $200. Here is what I just pulled from their web site and it show mark gas is 89 octane (mid grade) and no ethanol.
In the 250hp and 300hp Yamahas I've owned, I all ways put in Yamalube fuel conditioner. I was told it's like vitamins for your engine.

Using Peninsula mark gas will save you $.12 per Lt after the rebate and the discount of marked fuel over purchasing none marked mid grade fuel.

Peninsula Co-op we offer the following:

• Regular gasoline – 87 octane; contains 10% ethanol, known as E10.
  • Mid-grade gasoline – 89 octane; contains 5% ethanol, known as E5.
  • Premium gasoline – 91 octane; will not contain ethanol.
  • Marked mid-grade gasoline – 89 octane; will not contain ethanol.
  • Diesel – will not contain ethanol.
Run good quality gas and pay a little more or pay a lot more in the end for using cheap gas when your engine has problems.
Interesting, because when I filled up at the co-op at west shore parkway/highway 14, the marked pump reads “may contain up to 5% ethanol”

I’ve been filling the boat at the esso in sasseenos as they have marked 91. 1.69/litre on Saturday.

Marked mid-grade gasoline – 89 octane; will not contain ethanol.
Doug is right!!!
I get home delivery of fuel and draw from it ,take my jerry cans 1 or 2 times each day.
So with the new engine I asked Columbia fuels about there fuel they DO NOT do premium marked anymore only marked mid grad and it
DOES NOT contain ethanol
Only reason I got into it as I read the whole new Zuk book back and forth and to a fro over and over again and it says to use 89
SSSSOOOO I asked the dealer about adding octane boost or if I had to ? he said NO if your running marked mid grade just dont use any fuel with ethanol.
FYI octane boost is the cheapest I found was on amazon but dont have to worry about it anymore...

Lol I use to do it with gerry cans too ,10 at the time, just got old real quick, so now I just add the sea foam, works wonders, pulled out the carb on my 1992 Honda kicker this spring and it looked great just a bit of carb clean and back in it went and runs like a champ
Thanks for the tip on the sea foam.... gonna find some and try it

Do you know if the marked marine gas in Okanagan is ethanol free?
Vernon shell on the way to OK lake is marked marine 91. With the number of $200k+ sparkle boats in the Okanagan I sure hope there are some more high octane ethanol free options!

Just did a trip to Ukee towing in the rig. The Coop there has a card lock which I used for the first time to save some pennies on a suggestion from my buddy- The kid working the till mistakenly read the card lock receipt wrong. Charged me $416 for 416 liters! I didn't even figure it out until we were on the water. I felt a bit of remorse but not enough to go back and pay the difference lol

BRP shop manual says Etec (at least the V4 and V6 small blocks anyway) are designed to run with 87 octane E10. But since I have a business card lock account I get marked premium there, at least when the boat is on the trailer. Merc 4 stroke kicker has never complained about this fuel although it always gets stabilizer in the fall.

Back