Kitty Coleman 2013 reports

This thread has been pretty quiet for the past few weeks - ever since FA had his shoulder surgery. My son and a buddy are coming over next weekend and I thought we'd give it a shot, so interested in hearing if anyone has had any action off KC recently?

Went out last Sunday it was flat calm saw a boat anchored up jigging for Hali's ? We got one legal two under size and three coho trolling a spoon on surface we saw a lot of fins and some decent bait balls all the fish hit at broken bait gutted the legal on boat and pulled out a seven inch herring we put on bigger spoons but didn't touch another fish except a pcod lots of brown algae in water would stick to lines and downrigger braid and pull gear gear up some times had it down 300 feet in 220 of water couldn't touch bottom had to pull it and clean it and re drop

Went out after work yesterday for a few hours of boating and pulled in a scrappy 15lb chromer of the south black buoy off of Cape Lazo. Hit at 50 ft on a green flasher and coyote #4 spoon. Nice surprise to a boys short getaway from fighting kids - thank goodness for the fabulous wives.

Fishing at the Kitty Hump has been spotty at best, unless you are after blue backs, then run your gear (cop car spoons) at 50 - 70 feet. Bucktails have also picked up a few. I've been fishing off of Shelter point for the past couple of weeks on the 160 to 200 line - right on the bottom. As usual, fish with the tide and do figure 8's when you see bait/fish. anchovies in bullet roll teaser heads in glow 5 feet behind a glow flasher have been working best. A couple of weeks ago the first hour and a half in the morning was great, then the bite went off. Over the past 2 weeks I have been fishing the tide changes with great results. As always watch the damn tides at PP and SP on your return. They are both about 2 feet shallower this year.

Cheers,

Fisher

Hey James welcome to the forum good report thanks. I must fore warn you though this is Crabbys thread and he is the Top Guide in Comox Valley, if you check this thread from the beginning. See ya out there tomorrow. Going with Lorne on his Maiden Voyage in the new ride.

Cliffy.

He is a big deal for sure. Putting the anchovie into the holder right side up is one of his best tricks! LOL!!

Good luck to you and the Corne!!

Cliffy.

He is a big deal for sure. Putting the anchovie into the holder right side up is one of his best tricks! LOL!!

Good luck to you and the Corne!!

Headin out this morn forecast changed for the Good! This time the chovie goes in the right way Lol hopefully. Did Crabby put you up to this Jeff? See you in May at Mills!! I will get you for this.

Kills me to buy a yearly pass for the worst boat ramp in the valley

Which ramp do you mean? There's a whole bunch of them that are the "worst" as far as I am concerned because I can't launch my 2101 Striper at very many of them!

Kills me to buy a yearly pass for the worst boat ramp in the valley

I have no problem using the and paying for the use of this ramp. I can get in and out on almost any tide. What upsets me is how they keep raising the price of the pass and do no maintenance to it. The board that over sees this this parks needs to start doing some upkeep.

its sad that we only have one proper ramp in the comox valley .we need a ramp on the north east side of the peninsula. the regional board are to busy buying up private property with are tax money to make parks.

Took my son and his friend out to the hump today. My first attempt to fish from my new (to me) boat. Got one rod down, and turned around to see my son donating his breakfast to Neptune. His friend was a very nice shade of green. While it had blown up a bit, it wasn't all that rough - but the winds were getting stronger. Decided to pull up and head back in. Flicked the switch on my down rigger - and snap. Apparently, replacing the down rigger line is another thing I should have done as a matter of course with a used boat.
Anyway - sorry I can't deliver an actual fishing report - but it was a rather interesting day on the water anyway...

Back