Kitty Coleman 2013 reports

Hey FA, how much fuel do you figure you burn doing that run? I've always wanted to head over to Grants but worried about running out of gas. I run an 85hp Yamaha.;) eman

Hey FA, how much fuel do you figure you burn doing that run? I've always wanted to head over to Grants but worried about running out of gas. I run an 85hp Yamaha.;) eman

I am running a 90hp 2 stroke Yamaha. Fully loaded down with gear and traps I burn about $45 worth of fuel. Worst I ever done is burn about $70 and that's running around everywhere.

Kitty Colman Thread

P1040309.jpgP1040309.jpg
Yes they do.....As well as a general store with cold beer and spirits.

Well actually here is a photo of beautioful Lund today.....we had a wonderful day, Thanks FA...we really
appreciate your guidance and generocity. It's not every fisherman who has the patience to take newcomers out, show them the ropes, and put up with their slowness etc etc!! Sorry to cramp your style, but we were taking things in, and hopefully next time we'll know what we're doing. We really appreciate the time you took to help us across to Lund...it is a tricky passage, if you've never done it before. Was a beaut of a day....and the catch was a great share on your part FA.
P1040309.jpg

Dropping in at Kitty again this morning with another fellow and heading to Lund for the fisherman breakfast. Might toss a line in at Kitty on the way home.

Seen a couple other members over there yesterday... Cuba Libra and Crabby. Wonder how they did?

Enjoy your dinner Bonnie.

I,ve got to say, I love your gaff in the above picture. A true redneck fisherman duct taping it together. :)

And yes there is fuel available at Lund and the Merc dealer is 200 yards up the road if you ever need parts or oil.

Dropping in at Kitty again this morning with another fellow and heading to Lund for the fisherman breakfast. Might toss a line in at Kitty on the way home.

Seen a couple other members over there yesterday... Cuba Libra and Crabby. Wonder how they did?

Enjoy your dinner Bonnie.

Crabs-- good. Prawns, only fair. 180 smalls for two of us.

Here is a great picture from yesterday well doing 32mph taken with my iPhone...It's a reflection photo off the water.
photo_zps02483a5e.jpg

Then this is a great one from today.
photo_zpsa660dfcd.jpg

Anyone want to go tomorrow? Must know what your doing though as I only have one good arm.

New forum handle for FA- The Rusty Gaff
Thanks but that's not my boat nor my gaff. That's the back of Bonnie and Harry's boat. They followed me over to Lund yesterday from Kitty and didn't fair so well prawning and crabbing but I had more then our limits in my traps so I shared my catch with them.

Not likely you will ever see a mercury on my boat. I have saying once you go black you may not make it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm.......well I've been black for years and I've always made it back.

On the other hand IMO (from experience) before I went black I'd say:-

"Don't buy a Honda if returning you're quite fond o' "

Hey I've never heard of prawning and crabbing out there, do you do it right off the hump? And what sort of crab was that FA? Do you eat them? Doesn't look like there's a whole heck load of meat on it but I'm always interested in trying something new!

Hey I've never heard of prawning and crabbing out there, do you do it right off the hump? And what sort of crab was that FA? Do you eat them? Doesn't look like there's a whole heck load of meat on it but I'm always interested in trying something new!
We only launched the boat at Kitty. I have never crabbed or prawned at Kitty. But I know some people do set crab traps near by I just don't know where. If you find a good prawning or crabbing spot near Kitty please let us know.

Just please don't set traps where I am fishing cause if I catch them I will keep them or leave them on the boat ramp with a free sign on them...

Just a heads up for the locals. Gone Fishin and Tyee Marine have the new Saltwater Licences and stamps available.;) eman

Back