I/O to OB

• Thread starter Thread starter Labman
  • Start date Start date
L

Labman

I was wondering if it is feasable/possible to convert a 18' Sangster I/O to a 4-stroke outboard set-up? Aside from the obvious Doghouse removal and new floor section, what does one do to repair the hole in the Transom?
Thanks for any and all relavant info.
Labman

Just router out the old wood in the transom,and glass in some new pieces, 3 pieces of 5/8th would be find. Or, if your transom is really solid, what I have done on my last two rigs is just had the pod made big enough to cover the hole, and had a grid made to go to both sides of the boat. That way, the thing spreads the load across the whole back of the boat.

L.C.
It's your boat that is inspiring this retro. Truly a BEAUTIFUL Ride.I would be happy with 1/2 as good a result,as long as it floats and my feet don't get too wet.[8D]
Labman

One more thing, when you say POD, does that refer to the Alum. extension off the stern?
Did you raise the cabin, I am 6'3" x 275lbs and need lots of room.

quote:Originally posted by Labman

L.C.
It's your boat that is inspiring this retro. Truly a BEAUTIFUL Ride.I would be happy with 1/2 as good a result,as long as it floats and my feet don't get too wet.[8D]
Labman

One more thing, when you say POD, does that refer to the Alum. extension off the stern?
Did you raise the cabin, I am 6'3" x 275lbs and need lots of room.

I didn't raise the cabin, they are actually quite deep, I'm 6'6" and don't hit my head. Nothin says fishing like a podded old BC classic. And yes, the pod is the extension for the motors. DSS welding in Duncan has done two of them for me, great work all the way around.

Any suggestions on a single 4-stroke engine, this was originally a 4cyl.120 horse with the 120/140hp. leg.

YYJ5289171_2.jpg

I will be out on the Island on Mar.27-Apr.5, have booked charters in Vic.,Parksville and Campbell River. New toy will be coming back to Hellberta for retro.
L.C. thanks for all the info so far.
I am a B.C. Mountainman by birth, so don't you guys be too hard on me for where I am now:D

Back