Humboldt Squid- Garry Cooper show

pescador

Anybody see the recent show where Garry is fishing with some guys outta French Creek in the Straight of Georgia for Humboldts? Very interesting show. Nice smaller squid. Fishing in 3000 ft of water down 1000 ft. Any idea what month that was and the general area? They weren’t giving out a lotta info.

Last edited:
Jervis Inlet is 2000. I think that's the deepest?
Yeah there's lots of inlets in around 2000 ish feet, wasn't aware of a 3k

Shhh don't tell anyone where the squid are, next will be save the squid because it turns out salmon eat the **** outta them and turns out the whales like the salmon 🤣

I ordered the jigs as soon as I saw that show! Going to try it offshore in WH this summer
I missed the show, are they similar to these ones from PNT? I’m going to give it a try outta WH this year as well!

Attachments

• 643621EC-F212-4617-BD05-BB432D6ED49D.png
    643621EC-F212-4617-BD05-BB432D6ED49D.png
    186.4 KB · Views: 85
I missed the show, are they similar to these ones from PNT? I’m going to give it a try outta WH this year as well!
Lol - I just thought about this for a minute, whether it is 1000 or 3000 ft I am not likely properly equipped to do this… perhaps I’ll get lucky and there will be some in the shallows (grant bay) for the spawn or by the docks (whatever species those are)…

Lol - I just thought about this for a minute, whether it is 1000 or 3000 ft I am not likely properly equipped to do this… perhaps I’ll get lucky and there will be some in the shallows (grant bay) for the spawn or by the docks (whatever species those are)…
They used a few reels, but, the one that seemed to have most luck was a large spinning reel loaded with a 1000ft of braid. You jig, then wsit for action, pull up once it’s taken bait. You have to know what to do at the surface. That’s where you can lose them. They netted them. I usually pull them up on the lure.

Ya, You’re right. Didn’t think about that drop. I’m gonna order 2. Thanks for link.

Back