Halibut Reports 2009 South Island

The race oh is that what that light house is called race rocks ,trial island they all look the same.
But i'm sure i was in oak bay.

Nice to see blood in the new seasport, and I"m glade the jigs worked for you Fins-and-skins. p.s. keep the hally-skins for bait,it never falls off.

Just wanted to know in general if we go halibut fishing out of cattle point what general area we should be heading to as we have been out several times with no luck in sooke. Iam not asking for your secret spot just a chance to get some halibut as there alot of fish for everyone out there. we plan to drift fish. Any help would be greatly apprecitated. We will be fishing out of a 17 boat.

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!

Head directly out towards the U.S.from Cattle point, run out about
2-3 miles and fish the Oakbay flats from 180-220 '.
there are a few rockpiles when you get close to Discovery,watch
them if you're drifting.
today is perfect, fairly soft tides and sun is shining !

Just got back from the chuck last night. We put in 2 days with the big bad Wolf and I must say it was awesome. Roy was able to put us on some dandy fish. This being my first Hali trip kind of set the bar high but you never know there is always the big one next year. Brought out a friend of mine that was never out on the chuck before so it was a real experience for him.
We fished the 4th and 5th and came home with a 70, 42, 37, and a 25 pounder and Roy was able to bring one in for himself a nice 22 pounder for some fresh fish and chips.

What can I say Wolf we had a great time and it was an awesome experience once again you came through with some great fish and a ton of laughs always a great time..

Here are a few pics from the trip.

DSC00567.jpg

DSC00568.jpg

DSC00558.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

quote:Originally posted by SeaWolf

Personally I'd hang the Albertans over the side and keep the Hali's on ice :D

:D :D :D Ooooh good shot,, we'll give yah this one,,, for now...

IMG_1021-1.jpg

Yeah I forgot what you fish with, hopefully I will not be mistaken for a seal ;)

Yes it was a good time but them flatlanders cant take a 1 ft chop very well ok maybe it was a 3 to 4 ft chop LOL but it was all good when it died walleyes buddy was getting whiter by the min.
It was a source of entertainment for sure...
Thanks again Terry see you in the summer.

Wolf

quote:Originally posted by mlaag

Two guys four fish
MMMMMMM[?]

mlaag,

before you get torn a new one...

if you're replying to the write up he said over 2 days... and if you're looking in the pic one is hog tied.

quote:Originally posted by Trowser

quote:Originally posted by mlaag

Two guys four fish
MMMMMMM[?]

mlaag,

before you get torn a new one...

if you're replying to the write up he said over 2 days... and if you're looking in the pic one is hog tied.

Thx for clearing that up Trowser,, don't need no rumors going around wrecking a mans reputation and ruining a great time.

But good try anyways mlaag you almost succeeded [B)] [B)]

IMG_1021-1.jpg

Oh so lucky. Wish that notorious poacher Roy would have gotten to him first:D

Think before you type.

Gimee the gaff!!!

Back