Halibut Reports 2009 South Island

Was out today 3 hours drifting 5 hallys to the boat kept three 38 to47 . I used a piece of hally skin was the ticket and herring . 210 to 300 off trial.

went out to the hour glass just of the yellow can at the waterfront last nite, few nibbles and a dog fish.
and then to the se side of constance,... nothing....
as i said back to it on monday...
any weekend warriors out today??

quote:Originally posted by ocean explorer

nice fish there baz!! you going fishing this weekend?

I'd like to do halibutfishing in Victoria, I don't have a proper anchor system and don't have a halibut rod. I would like to troll
with my salmon rod along on the bottom for a halibut. Do halibut prefer spoons or hootchies?

quote:Originally posted by fishspoon

I'd like to do halibutfishing in Victoria, I don't have a proper anchor system and don't have a halibut rod. I would like to troll
with my salmon rod along on the bottom for a halibut. Do halibut prefer spoons or hootchies?
They will take either, but i suggest trolling a piece of bait
anchovie,herring,etc. slowly & close to the bottom.
they are motivated by smell more than sight.

what side of trial, ive got my boat in ob marina and need a close hali spot..

quote:Originally posted by boomer

Was out today 3 hours drifting 5 hallys to the boat kept three 38 to47 . I used a piece of hally skin was the ticket and herring . 210 to 300 off trial.

had a good day on the water today....nice and warm

herring today

078.jpg

047.jpg

Hit 3 landed 1 about 60# today off the Can buoy. Herring on Boomers homemade jig. Thanks again Boomer.. Oak Bay was very lumpy today, lots of guys there. Wild one got the first one in the new boat.

Tournament Proven !

quote:Originally posted by Fins -n- Skins

Hit 3 landed 1 about 60# today off the Can buoy. Herring on Boomers homemade jig. Thanks again Boomer.. Oak Bay was very lumpy today, lots of guys there. Wild one got the first one in the new boat.

Tournament Proven !

Is that you in the nice old commercial style boat?

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Ya your rite there oak bay was a tad lumpy but fishing was on fire!!!!
The new rig goes thru it very nice.

Back