Gardening pics, hacks, successes, and or failures

I planted my garlic two days ago. Russian Red, Russian Purple and Siberian.

I will cover the bed with leaves and a burlap bag over the leaves so they don't blow away.
Even if the garlic starts to grow it pops out through the burlap bag.

Done.

Forecast changed to possible frost before we get home from a trip so we picked more than we wanted to. There are still some in the garden along with some peppers, cukes, melons and eggplants and other stuff.
We don't plant garlic until the carrots that were between the rows of this season's garlic come out around Halloween.IMG_20241006_102550432.jpg

Some little prick is into the carrots again this year, so they’re getting pulled.
This is the first round I planted. Still in the garden is the carrots I planted between the beans to keep the weeds down, and then the carrots that replaced the garlic. I think i went a little overboard on the carrots this year. Last year I blanched and froze a bunch. This year we have more outdoor storage so I’m gonna try burying them in boxes of sand.

Attachments

• IMG_5307.jpeg
    IMG_5307.jpeg
    741.5 KB · Views: 24
I base it on this if you can pressure can tomato's and zucchini and not acidify it i figure its safe to do it for just tomato's.

From my understanding most of the research was done many years ago by the USDA and they never released a non acidify version to canning tomatoes.

Pepper harvest was decent after all. Super hots were minimal, so I bought most of those habaneros from Desert Hills Ranch when passing thru. Also got a huge box of jalapeños for pickles and cowboy candy. That place is pretty cool, if not chaotic lol. Quality of produce for the price was very good. Worth the detour if headed through the canyon, especially if you have kids.

Attachments

• IMG_0612.jpeg
    IMG_0612.jpeg
    485.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0617.jpeg
    IMG_0617.jpeg
    378.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0628.jpeg
    IMG_0628.jpeg
    513.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0695.jpeg
    IMG_0695.jpeg