Fraser Sockeye Opening Success?

ElectricDyck

The freshwater section of this forum doesnt seem to get much traffic and I was surprised to see no conversation on the recent fraser sockeye opening.

Anybody have any success? I had some time before my night shift on friday and headed out to pipeline bar and bushwacked to the river in shorts as there was no trail yet...strange to see only a few anglers there...forgot my weights at home and a super nice guy Terry lent me a few..fished for a couple hours, had a brief bout of action, hooked 3 landed a nice buck before I had to hurry off to work.

Anybody else having any luck?

Was out Friday morning at gill and saw 4 fish caught in 2 hours…. Took the boat out just below where the Harrison flows in and saw another couple caught. Very slow from what I saw… Albion test net numbers for the last week have had very little sockeye numbers…

With the amount of netting in the lower there is hardly anything getting through.

The Albion ain't getting good numbers because there is dozens of commercial style FSC boats working downriver from it.

Disgusting what has happened this year.
The new reality

Went up today, i only got one but there was action up and down run most of day. Not on fire but i think most people got one or two if time put in. 👍

Spent 5 hour fishing the Fraser about 1 km upstream of the Harrison confluence.
Brutally slow. Saw 4 caught by others within our sight.
We had 2 hooked and play briefly but didn’t land them.
There r few in the system!

Headed out for a few hours after work today, had a reel screaming spring on that ended up snapping my 12lb leader...landed another 3 springs, even a jack spring size steel head, a nice sockeye buck and smaller doe..fun evening at the river, just me and 2 other guys...

Headed out for a few hours after work today, had a reel screaming spring on that ended up snapping my 12lb leader...landed another 3 springs, even a jack spring size steel head, a nice sockeye buck and smaller doe..fun evening at the river, just me and 2 other guys...
12 lb leader?

Back