Fraser River Sockeye

We landed 8 Socks yesterday. Will be out again tomorrow. Get out there!image.jpg

Here is my share after packaging up tonite! :)

I'm going to try and head out to sand heads in a 15' Boston whaler with a downrigger but if its too rough or choppy which it can get at Sandheads if the wind and tides are not aligned so what would anyone recommend if I have to stay back and fish in the river? I've not done a lot of fishing and have done even less catching so any advice at all would be well received!

I'm going to try and head out to sand heads in a 15' Boston whaler with a downrigger but if its too rough or choppy which it can get at Sandheads if the wind and tides are not aligned so what would anyone recommend if I have to stay back and fish in the river? I've not done a lot of fishing and have done even less catching so any advice at all would be well received!

Ive seen lots of guys fishing along the shore in the river when its rough. They tend to cast or bottom bounce in areas near pillings where the fish get bottle necked as they head up river. if the wind is 10 or 15 km or lower it shouldnt be a problem for you to make it out to the sandheads

Back