Found Boat

B

blueorca

If you were looking for a 12 foot Smokercraft, with Idaho registration, and loaded with fire wood and a 10 foot step ladder strapped on top....
I found it adrift on Saturday in Johnston Straits
Canadian Coast Guard have the coordinates of where I beached it...

boc

why didnt you claim it be like old Relic of beachcombers salvage rights you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That had to be a strange sight. No bodies floating in the same direction?

"It all starts with fur and feathers"

A few years ago a storm had washed up a fibreglass dingy/oars on the Whiterock shore. I thought its automatically mine now. Kind of except the finder is obligated under Marine Law to report and document the find. I learned that through the local detatchment. I think it was a Coast guard form i had to fill out and send in or report. There is a special term for it that I cant remember. Anyhow after so many days if it hasent been reported as lost then its yours/mine legally.
Abiding by the law.

B Gibb

Dept. of Wrecks has already contacted me and I figure it's worth more to the owner than to me...ripped gunnel and some holes in the bottom...not worth trying to tow to the marina..the only thing keeping it afloat was the wood inside!

boc

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!
I didn't ....goto go........

boc

So..???? Did ya find anything you are at liberty to tell us about ;)???

Remember, "When the Fish aren't Biting...the Fish aren't Biting!!"

Went back two days later....nada...boat gone, ladder gone,and why were those Coast Guard guys so happy this week??

boc

Back