Forum members BOATS

rigsy.jpgFirst time posting a picture here fellas so bare with me. This is my current rig in the Canadian Tire parking lot in Alberni, wish she was a OB but she was to good of a deal to pass up!

The following image of my boat was kindly provided by Lipripper. Thanks. The boat is 2003 with a same year 200 Optimax main motor.

...Rob

Attachments

• IMG_3419.jpg
    IMG_3419.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 907
Here's a couple shots of my baby. C-Dory TomCat 255. She's a 25.5 foot power catamaran (about 29' overall with the bracket and engines in the length). Twin Honda 135's with hydraulic steering and a Raymarine auto pilot. Fuel capacity 150gals in two 75 gal tanks. The head has an Airhear composting toilet. The galley has a Wallace two burner diesel stove and heater and a small fridge/freezer. Since I bought her I've added:
* a Lowrance HDS-8 + radar and sonar
* a Std. Horizon GX2150 radio with AIS capability (wired into the HDS).
* a loud hailer speaker
* a new sony stereo and speakers
* custom mattresses in the berth (major comfy)
* macerators to the two large fish hold in the cockpit
* a raw water wash down
* many rod holders
* additional interior shelving
* a Jackson grill (made in BC)
* a convection over for use when on shore power
* two Scotty long boom downriggers and wiring for up to 4 down riggers
* a fuel cross over system that allows me to run either or both engines off either or both fuel tanks

I need to add a few more rod holders and some additional railing for safety and some out riggers and then I think I'll have her just about right for everything I do. It's the first boat I've had with the speed and range to do tuna comfortably.

Just before I bought her
ry%3D480

Kill in the foreground, killing machine in the background
ry%3D480

Hey fiaddict. Thanks. Since those pictures I have also added radar. How do you like the 4.2 litre yammy - they look pretty sweet. A couple of questions for you if you don't mind. What size prop are you running? and with the bigger block can you fully tilt up?
Regarding the 4.2, so far so good. I hope its the last motor I ever have to buy for the next 15 years or so. The motor is terrifically fuel efficient. Its about 10% more efficient at cruise than my previous motor wich was 25% smaller (Evinrude 200 F*CHT), and I don't have to buy expensive 2 stroke oil. I am running the same size prop as my 200 (15 1/2 x 17 stainless three blade). This one is a Saltwater II series.

I have no problem with full tilt up, except for the 3rd rod holder I had already attached to the center of the transom. Even with the rod holder in the way I am about 90% of full tilt, and this motor tilts up a long ways. So far all thumbs up (except for the departure of more thousands than I wanted to part with ;-))

Here's my spectacular 16' 1980 Starcraft Super Sport with my hi-tech 1980 Johnson 85hp V4 Seahorse. Might as well be a V8 for the fuel it throws back! Rod holders, a manual downrigger, colour depth sounder...oooooo! Handiest feature: bilge pump!
GT

Attachments

• IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,275
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my spectacular 16' 1980 Starcraft Super Sport with my hi-tech 1980 Johnson 85hp V4 Seahorse. Might as well be a V8 for the fuel it throws back! Rod holders, a manual downrigger, colour depth sounder...oooooo! Handiest feature: bilge pump!
GT

Nice. Another alloy brother (thumbs up).

GT

Great lookin' Rig ... looks alot like ours, lol. We'll have to pop by and check it out. The top is new? We have had some incredible and enjoyable experiences with our since we picked her up last Dec. The 96' Yammie 60 hp on our "Sea Food Junkie" is probably more economical, but you have the top end speed.

I finally got some on the water shot's of my gal thanks to Pippen. Scott your the man with a camera. Thanks again.

Here are a few of the Sculpin taken by Pippen on the Ospray1 out tuna fishing a few weekends ago. Epic day out there. This last day and hopefully the weekend will be just as epic!

Picture309.jpg

Picture310.jpg

Picture311.jpg

She ain't that big but she makes up for it in build that's for sure. Total tank of a boat.

Cheers,
John

John- are you intending to add outriggers for your offshore adventures or are the upper rod holders doin the job- Priced them out with Steve at HC and went ouch! They look cool though-

John- are you intending to add outriggers for your offshore adventures or are the upper rod holders doin the job- Priced them out with Steve at HC and went ouch! They look cool though-

She came with them MRACER. I just took them off do to a couple of parts I'm waiting for from TACO.

taco3.jpg

Nice. Another alloy brother (thumbs up).

Thanks! Yeah, sometimes I'm jealous of how my Dad's Tyee cuts the waves while I pound along, then we launch at a non-dock boat ramp and he had me dump him in and park the truck so he doesn't have to touch the glass to the beach. Meanwhile I drop my boat, drag it on the beach and park myself...Hey, wait a minute....

Great lookin' Rig ... looks alot like ours, lol. We'll have to pop by and check it out. The top is new? We have had some incredible and enjoyable experiences with our since we picked her up last Dec. The 96' Yammie 60 hp on our "Sea Food Junkie" is probably more economical, but you have the top end speed.

Yes, I'm the guy who stopped and BS'ed with you a couple times about it. Not sure how long it'll look that good...$90 in Tremclad. Not the best marine paint but price was right. Got a cousin at Industrial Plastics and Paint now though so perhaps I should take advantage of his employee discount! Top came with the boat 3 years ago but is in very good shape. Guessing 5 years old? I like to unsnap the front portion of the roof like that and flip it back. Kind of a poor-man's Bimini top!

I walk the fur ball past the "Seafood Junkie" and the "Unplugged Foodie" almost daily. What's up with the adjustable transducer on your rig? Pretty HD-looking mount.
GT

Here is my new 19' arima sea Chaser (second post on this thread in last few years. Got rid of my 17 foot arima sea ranger to gain a ton of deck space. Nice to have the extra power with the 150hp yammy. Only came with boat, motor, trailer, so after a new kicker, seating, top, etc. etc., she is ready to go.

IMG_4457.jpg

IMG_4461.jpg

IMG_4456.jpg

Nice Burnsy--my fish partner and I have the same boat with a 130 Honda on it that we brought up from the States 3
years ago. We've put on a new electronics package and absolutely love the boat. You'll enjoy it for sure.
T2

Its tough to see in the last picture but there is a new high thrust T8 with tilt/trim/controls on it. It was what we blew most of the budget on as I needed to get a custom made bracket as well.

Joining the party

Love the layout and it's rides great. Heavy hull I believe the base model with no hard top a single main runs around 4700lbs dry. Tons of storage and tanks.

Boat Backend.jpgOct Boat Pics 002.JPGOct Boat Pics 016.JPG

Baja Beach Boat

This has been my project for the last 3-4 weeks. Hadn't been run in 7 years with the gas stored in it. Carb job and anything else you can think of-had to dream up a hitch-tows well. fishing by the weekend

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 842
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 814
Back